Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Z77 Extreme4 Questions

Question Re: Z77 Extreme4 Questions

Good to hear that, thanks.

Now back to my first post, if the PCH is the Chipset temp, than what and where is the Motherboard temp taken?

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Z77 Extreme4 Questions

Good question, I don't know. The manual does not show where that sensor is. Some boards have their "mother board" temperature sensor somewhere in the lower right hand corner of the board, as you look at it mounted in a case. That would be by the CMOS chip, or near the Dr. Debug display, but that is a guess.

Question Re: Z77 Extreme4 Questions

Ok now some driver/tool questions:
    After checking thru them and deciding what I need and don't need I'm stuck at the "Intel Management Engine" driver and the "Intel Rapid Storage", what is that for?

AFAIK "Intel Rapid Storage" is for the AHCI controller but MS has already a build in, do I still need the Intel driver?

And "Intel Management Engine" doesn't tell me anything and search didn't offer a clear explanation, what is it for?

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Z77 Extreme4 Questions

Intel Management Engine, or IME, is a mix of several things, hard to explain, here's what you see after its installation:

If you have an Ivy Bridge CPU, some of it's features won't work without IME. Open Device Manager and see if you have anything displayed with yellow '!' marks on them, which indicates a problem. You might be able to live without it, but I would install it.

Intel Rapid Storage, or IRST, is the AHCI and RAID driver for Intel chipset boards. You don't need it if you use the standard AHCI driver from Windows 7, msahci.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information