Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: extreme4 Z77 boot Windows 8 Setup in UEFI mode

Unhappy extreme4 Z77 boot Windows 8 Setup in UEFI mode

Hi

I have been able to do this before with Win 7 64, and win 8 64 RP but now it doesn't work anymore.

I wasn't sure where to post this but this seems as good a spot as any.

My specs are

Mobo: asrock z77 extreme4 (had bios 2.0, updated to 2.40, still nothing)
    CPU: i5 3570k OC 4.5
    8GB ram
    HD 7970
    HDD: Seagate ST3000DM001-9YN166 Win 7
    SSD: Corsair Force GT 120 Gb Win 8 + Data

on the SSD is a Win 7 on MBR and the 3TB HDD has 100GB empty space at the begging where I wanted to install Win 8...(where it has been before) the problem is, for that I need to boot the installer in UEFI mode. I have been able to do this previously (even from DVD drive) but even then the UEFI:xxx option when selecting boot device showed up only sometimes... now it doesn't show up at all, either for the Win 7 DVD or Win 8, it did however show up on a USB stick (with win 8) I made ONLY if I made it on fat32, but then it would just hang when selecting it on a black screen with a small " _ " in the top left corner. ( I redid the USB in FAT32 and now when I select "UEFI: USB..." it just blinks and remains on the Select boot device menu. Also if I disable everything but the EFI:USB in boot, it goes streight to the UEFI setup utility when booting. - I remade the bootable USB with both win 7 and win 8.

So my question is what settings do I have to set in the UEFI setup utility for the UEFI boot options to show up?
    I have it set to ahci, of course. THe manual states only to have it set on ahci and select UEFI:xxx at boot.

Is there anything I can do? or is something broken here... I tried reseting the CMOS, it didn't make it better

thank you for any help

synack is offline Member

Default Re: extreme4 Z77 boot Windows 8 Setup in UEFI mode

I thought for a UEFI boot, you need to have a special UEFI partition. (well i know in linux you do, not sure about windows)
    Does the drive already have partitions on it? maybe that is blocking the UEFI boot.

Syn

Default Re: extreme4 Z77 boot Windows 8 Setup in UEFI mode

I have the same problem, the pci priority option is missing in bios 2.4.

Thread Information