Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Windows 8 drivers

Default Windows 8 drivers

Any windows 8 drivers coming to 880GM-LE, especially for sound?

HardwareFailureGuy is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Windows 8 drivers

I'm wondering the same thing about the Z77 Extreme4, and others are probably wondering the same thing about the rest of ASRock's current motherboard lineup. There are "beta" Windows 8 drivers for now, at least, so stable W8 drivers are probably only a matter of time.

Many of the Windows 7 64-bit drivers on ASRock's support page will work in Windows 8, but I ran into at least one, the Virtu MVP package, that breaks Windows 8 to the point of having to do a system restore. Some of the Intel drivers are either older than the ones provided by Windows 8 for the same device, or simply won't install. So overall, I wouldn't recommend installing the Windows 7 drivers in Windows 8.
    Last edited by HardwareFailureGuy; 10-30-2012 at 03:01 AM.

parsec is offline Senior Member

If you check Intel's download page, and search for drivers for their own Z77 boards, you can then filter on Windows 8, and a few that you could use are listed, such as IME, IRST, chipset device software, and the onboard graphics driver. I use drivers from Intel for my Z77 EX 4 board/OS, and they work fine on Windows 7. The ones I listed are said by Intel to be Windows 8 compatible.

Many of the drivers listed on the Z77 EX 4 Beta list have existed for months now, such as all the Intel drivers, most of which I use with Windows 7 now. Just because ASR lists them under "Beta" does not mean they are all experimental, untested drivers. The dates ASR shows for the Beta drivers are not accurate in some cases, for example the IRST 11.6.0.1030 driver they date as 10/17/2012, was released by Intel on 9/17/2012.

People have been using Windows 8 for months now, the RP and RC versions for example (as I did), and their PCs were functional in general. I used all Windows 7 drivers at the time, but I don't use Virtu or every software package or add on hardware that exists, so I'm sure some things would not work.

Other drivers like Virtu come from other companies, if they have not updated them to Windows 8 yet, that is their problem, and ours too.

HFGuy, you had Virtu working for you? Lucky you, it's very buggy and does not support some hardware and games.

Dear Ladlers,

About the Win8 audio driver of 880GM-LE, I suggest you could download Realtek v6704 audio driver from below link and install it to try.
    Link: ftp://174.142.97.10/drivers/All/Audi..._XP(v6704).zip

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

Thread Information