Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Problems updating Intel Chipset driver. Minimum requirements problem.

Siegfried.m is offline Junior Member

Default Problems updating Intel Chipset driver. Minimum requirements problem.

I've downloaded latest Intel chipset driver from AsRock website. The driver is for the exact model (Z77 Extreme 4) and OS (Win7 x64). I extract the files, bit when I try to exe the Setup, then I have a message says "This computer doesn't meet minimum requirements". It's weird. I suppose it's an installer bug. How can i resolve it?

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Problems updating Intel Chipset driver. Minimum requirements problem.

Do you mean the new Intel chipset drivers on the download page? I have not tried to install them yet on my Z77 EX4 board, but I will and let you know what happens.

I see that you are using the 1.70 version of the BIOS/UEFI. You likely should update to the latest one, 2.40, which I am using and works fine. I suggest using the Instant Flash method to update, putting the UEFI file on a USB flash drive, and then use the Instant Flash utility in the UEFI. Don't forget all your UEFI settings will be cleared when you update, so be sure to go into the UEFI before you reboot the PC, and set things as you need for your PC.

You can save your current UEFI settings in a profile, from the OC Tuner settings, at the bottom of the screen. You can just load them after updating to the new UEFI. But, since your UEFI version is older, or if the profiles are not saved in the right location, they might not be found, or will not be compatible.

Siegfried.m is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Problems updating Intel Chipset driver. Minimum requirements problem.

No, sorry, I already updated it, but I haven't change here :D

parsec is offline Senior Member

Ok, the chipset installation fails on my PC too, same error message as you had.

What is strange is I checked Intel's download center, and checked what versions of the chipset file installer they provide for their own Z77 boards. This 9.3.0.1025 version is NOT listed on Intel's site. ASR has used the same version numbers as Intel in the past, and there are other examples of that on the ASR download page. The readme file for 9.3 states it is for use with 7 series chipsets like ours. Unless this is considered a Windows 8 only update, but Intel does not list it when you filter on Windows 8.

So a mystery, or a mistake. I would not worry about it. I see an Intel IME update on our download page as well, but I'm not trying to install it.

Thread Information