Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vision 3D - Windows 8 NVIDIA Drivers?

Default AsRock Vision 3D - No Windows 8 Drivers? Terrible Customer Support

Hi there, I have the original Vision 3D 137D Model and have installed windows 8 pro but unfortunately it will not detect my monitor as the NVidia drivers will not install. Does anyone have a solution to this please? Has anyone got their vision 3d working with Windows 8 and could you supply the correct INF file for the installer to work in windows 8? Many thanks!!
    Last edited by crisb; 11-06-2012 at 05:27 AM.

Default Re: Vision 3D - Windows 8 NVIDIA Drivers?

Hi, Same for me.

Quote Originally Posted by laho View Post
    Hi, Same for me.
    look

Drivers | GeForce

Default Asrock Vision 3D - Windows 8 NVIDIA Drivers? (actually NO Windows 8 Drivers from ASRock)

Quote Originally Posted by Henk l View Post
    These drivers do not work .. I downloaded and tried to install. Only drivers that come from AS-Rock work -- in past experiences someone managed to hack the .INF file to nvidia's installer files to add the device ID for ASRock but I'm not sure how to do this.

Also - none of the other nvidia drivers work - so no HD audio either as this comes also comes via nvidia.

We need AS-Rock to release drivers for Windows 8 .. considering the machine is only a year or so old and has an i3/i5/i7 chipset in it, it's crazy they have not bothered to do anything....

Hi,

I've got exactly the same issue with Asrock 3d vision 137B. Everything worked fine on Windows 7 and now after upgrading to Windows 8 my graphics card is none existent !? Nvidia website does not auto-detect in fact in says no nvidia graphic card installed. None of the Nvidia drivers will install for the 425m GeForce - even though they state they are for windows 8. Existing Nvidia software (system tools etc) just crash on opening.

I'm using a panasonic 3d tv - i can see windows 8 fine but it's very choppy/jerky and doesn't fill the screen - no graphics processing at all. I'm at a loss and there appears to be no driver support from ASROCK either... wtf!?

Great news - finally manage to sort this out after several days messaging around. Now everything works great - proper GPU acceleration, sleep mode, the works .. actually the Vision 3D looks pretty great with Windows 8 Pro running on it :-))

All you need to do is install the Geforce Desktop drivers for Geforce 420 (version 306.97) from the Nvidia site -- god knows why the mobile ones don't detect the card but the Geforece 420 desktop ones do and install perfectly.

I also installed the Windows 7 64-bit Asrock instant boot utility again and now I also have proper sleep mode.

NB: If the desktop drivers fail to install, go to settings, advanced startup on Windows 8 and disable the driver verification. (I did this as a precaution but I reckon you probably won't even need to do this with the desktop drivers as they should be signed).

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by crisb View Post
    Great news - finally manage to sort this out after several days messaging around. Now everything works great - proper GPU acceleration, sleep mode, the works .. actually the Vision 3D looks pretty great with Windows 8 Pro running on it :-))

All you need to do is install the Geforce Desktop drivers for Geforce 420 (version 306.97) from the Nvidia site -- god knows why the mobile ones don't detect the card but the Geforece 420 desktop ones do and install perfectly.

I also installed the Windows 7 64-bit Asrock instant boot utility again and now I also have proper sleep mode.

NB: If the desktop drivers fail to install, go to settings, advanced startup on Windows 8 and disable the driver verification. (I did this as a precaution but I reckon you probably won't even need to do this with the desktop drivers as they should be signed).

Cheers
    Great stuff! I'll give this a try tonight and let you know the outcome! - I hope I've not paid more for a graphics card i don't have!!!

Many thanks!

Dear all,

About Vision 3D (VGA: GT425M) driver for Win8, please kindly download it from Nvidia website and install it to try.
    Link: Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Please choose "Product Series" to [GeForce 400 Series].

If any question, please kindly let me know.
    Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

Talking Re: Vision 3D - Windows 8 NVIDIA Drivers?

Quote Originally Posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
    Dear all,

About Vision 3D (VGA: GT425M) driver for Win8, please kindly download it from Nvidia website and install it to try.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily
    Thanks for this Emily. I have now already installed the drivers for the 420 as per above comments and these work brilliantly. Do I need to re-install 400 series or are these the same?

Saying that i can just try this and see if the software detects the 420 drivers and tries to change them.

Thanks everyone

Quote Originally Posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
    Dear all,

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily
    Emily,
    I have tried to instal the driver as per above comments. But with the 425M and the 420 nvidia driver i get the same message that my windows is not compateble and that there is no hardware detected. Please advise on this issue.
    I have the asrock vision 137D with windows 8.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information