Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New install. Getting black screen with cursur after the "windows loading" screen

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: New install. Getting black screen with cursur after the "windows loading" screen

The lesson here is do NOT just blindly install ALL the contents of the ASRock driver disk. Some possibilities about that:

Intel Rapid Start. There is a driver for this feature, and it is enabled by default in the UEFI/BIOS. It needs a special partition to be created for it to work. If not configured correctly, who knows what happens, nothing or... Intel's version of Windows Hibernate. Don't install it until your PC is stable, and then if you need it, you must figure it out.

Lucid Virtu. Switches between the onboard graphics and a graphics card. Known to be buggy, and who knows what it does if not setup. Again not needed immediately on a fresh install.

The driver disk has a menu to choose what to install, use it so you don't get what you don't need or want. You can always add it later. I never use these disks.

I download drivers on another PC, copy to USB flash drive, and use that once the Windows installation completes. Order of installation is somewhat important:

1. Chipset Installation software (inf files, etc.)

2. Intel Management Engine (IME).

Next do whatever you like, video, SATA driver, USB 3.0. No Internet until the Broadcom network chip driver is installed.

najiro is offline Junior Member

Default Re: New install. Getting black screen with cursur after the "windows loading" screen

^ Yeah I have to agree with that about Virtu MVP. I used it before, didn't have similar issues but it is BUGGY..
    Website Broker and Hardware Reviewer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information