Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Z68 Extreme 4, boots not, because DVD-UEFI is defect.

Question Z68 Extreme 4, boots not, because DVD-UEFI is defect.

Hello, i am here frist time! So, i install all hardware/software last two days. It was very good as good work!
    Intel i7 2600K
    2x GTX 470 (SLI)
    SATA2 > LG DVD-Rom (frist boot)
    SATA3 > Windows 7 Pro (64bit) as UEFI Bios - Samsung 830 128GB (ACHI) (second boot)
    SATA3 > Seagate 2T (dirth Boots)
    4x 4GB team Elite

I install Windows 7 Pro (64bit), work all driver..!last two day But, news Start Windows (Restart) work fine. But PC shutdown, tomorrow start PC! Stay black Monitor! I give DVD-ASRock, start UEFI Bios, change from IDE to AHCI SATA Mode..!!! Mainboard LED Dr. Debug show "A3" > "IDE Enable"

But, one Problem, because DVD-ASRock (Setup, UEFI....) is defect. DVD-ROM canīt read it! How download ISO from ASRock? I test other PC (second PC), DVD-ROM canīt read it, too!!

Pls help me..!

Regard
    Sebastian

I am deaf, from Germany! I write little bad english..!
    http://www.sysprofile.de/id91289

I am deaf. Though i try my very best
    my linguistic possibilities are limited:
    i will make mistakes.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Z68 Extreme 4, boots not, because DVD-UEFI is defect.

Hello sebibue62, How are you?

I do not understand everything you tried to tell us. That is alright, we will figure it out!

Did you say that the CD disk from ASRock that comes with this mother board is defective? You used it to install all the drivers and programs when you installed Windows, and the PC worked, right? So it did work earlier, right?

Why did you change from IDE to AHCI mode? Did you install Windows in IDE mode? If true, changing from IDE to AHCI mode will cause BSOD or black screen.

You should have installed Windows in AHCI mode. AHCI is the default SATA mode, you changed that in the UEFI/BIOS to IDE, right?

You cannot download the disk image from ASRock. But, all the drivers and programs are on the Download page, but as individual downloads.

Why do you think you need the ASRock disk?

For now, do NOT use the disk. Start the PC and press Delete to start the UEFI. Change SATA mode back to IDE. Set your Samsung 830 as the first boot device, not the DVD drive. Save the changes and exit, to reboot the PC. Let us know if that works.

Hallo parsec,
    I am fine, but i worry about ASRock Mainboard.
    I do not understand everything you tried to tell us. That is alright, we will figure it out!
    Yes, I write English not 100% clear words and also set up. But I really try enlightenment.

Did you say that the CD disk from ASRock that comes with this mother board is defective? You used it to install all the drivers and programs when you installed Windows, and the PC worked, right? So it did work earlier, right?
    Yes, I think that ASRock CD/DVD content was broken! But I install previously 3 day first. Work PC Windows all OK! I was content to others here DVD drive CD/DVD ASRock, knows nothing.

Why did you change from IDE to AHCI mode? Did you install Windows in IDE mode? If true, changing from IDE to AHCI mode will cause BSOD or black screen.
    Yes, I do not understand about IDE and AHCI. I've read about "Windows install on SSD" by the computer magazine. "BIOS configure" so that the SSD brings the full power of, the SATA controller in the correct function mode must work. Reason: If the controller in legacy mode works also IDE or RAID mode is usually the TRIM command unavailable, which erases any not used continuously. Significant performance at the write speed, then, are the result.
    Set the AHCI mode in the BIOS. AHCI stands for advanced host controller interface and is an open standard for SATA controllers. Only with AHCI to commands like TRIM or to use NCQ.
    Go to the BIOS setup of the PC. Press the button [delete] to PS startup. If the key does not work, try the [F1] key. The BIOS Setup is always still don't call, consult the motherboard manual.
    In the BIOS, navigate to the "Integrated Peripherals" option with the arrows and open with the Enter key. Now enable the setting "AHCI" to "PCH SATA Control Mode"
    Save the changes with the button [F10] and leave the BIOS with [ESC].
    Windows restart, was impeccable! But I wanted to shut down PC. Later home PC a screen stays black!

You should have installed Windows in AHCI mode. AHCI is the default SATA mode, you changed that in the UEFI/BIOS to IDE, right?
    No, because BIOS CMOS Clear..! Change to IDE-Mode.

You cannot download the disk image from ASRock. But, all the drivers and programs are on the Download page, but as individual downloads.
    Oh, i understand..!

Why do you think you need the ASRock disk?
    I thought that CD/DVD-ASRock is "UEFI SETUP UTILITY" boots.

For now, do NOT use the disk. Start the PC and press Delete to start the UEFI. Change SATA mode back to IDE. Set your Samsung 830 as the first boot device, not the DVD drive. Save the changes and exit, to reboot the PC. Let us know if that works.
    I try pressing "Clear CMOS Switch", to start PC (second computer). Screen remains black. I look at the motherboard, "Dr. Debug" LED shows means A3 "IDE Enable". Mainoard work even further, but screen remains black! I'm trying is located a DVD Windows 7 Pro. Also not success..!
    What do you think that? What must be done correctly?
    I hope help me!

Regard
    Sebastian

i will make mistakes.

Do you have the two GTX 470 cards in SLI connected to the board now, and with the SLI cable connected?

If yes, take one of the '470 cards out, and see if the black screen stops. Do not try to have everything connected when you have a new PC, and install Windows.

What SATA ports are you using, the Intel or Marvell? Do not use the Marvell SATA ports, the grey ones at the top of the stack of ports. Use the Intel SATA ports, the black ones or the grey ones next to the black ones.

You do not need the disk to start the UEFI/BIOS, just press Delete or F2 when you start the PC. Just use one video card until the PC will boot fine for a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Do you have the two GTX 470 cards in SLI connected to the board now, and with the SLI cable connected?

If yes, take one of the '470 cards out, and see if the black screen stops. Do not try to have everything connected when you have a new PC, and install Windows.

What SATA ports are you using, the Intel or Marvell? Do not use the Marvell SATA ports, the grey ones at the top of the stack of ports. Use the Intel SATA ports, the black ones or the grey ones next to the black ones.

You do not need the disk to start the UEFI/BIOS, just press Delete or F2 when you start the PC. Just use one video card until the PC will boot fine for a day or two.
    Yes, I'm a GTX 470 pull out. Finally, start PC, yes screen shows UEFI! Yes, I have attached SSD Samsung 830 on Intel SATA (SATA3_0, white).
    Thanks much..! What must I UEFI BIOS and boots set correctly??? AUTX (ASRock eXtreme Tuner 1.71) work not, failed "Extrtnal exception EEFFACE". What is that??
    I install ready Nvidia Drive for GTX 470, but Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 must install?? And Virtu Lucid? and MediaExpresso??

regard
    Sebastian
    Last edited by sebibue62; 11-06-2012 at 05:19 PM.

i will make mistakes.

Great, I'm glad it is working for you now!

You do not need to install Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000, that is for your CPUs onboard graphics, that you do not use.

You do not need to install Virtu Lucid, or MediaExpresso.

The version of AXTU you should use is ASRock Extreme Tuning Utility ver:0.1.257, which you can get here:

ASRock > Z77 Extreme4

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Great, I'm glad it is working for you now!

You do not need to install Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000, that is for your CPUs onboard graphics, that you do not use.

You do not need to install Virtu Lucid, or MediaExpresso.

The version of AXTU you should use is ASRock Extreme Tuning Utility ver:0.1.257, which you can get here:

ASRock > Z77 Extreme4
    Thanks much..! AXTU 0.1.257 work fine..! So, request about SLI second Grafigcard..? Which one PCIe_01 or PCI_02 to Monitor?
    Z68 Extreme 4, boots not, because DVD-UEFI is defect.-gtx470_sli_003-jpg

Sebastian

i will make mistakes.

I try to SLI.., PC down out. Install to second Card GTX 470, as SLI-Brith as Power, too! Frist start Boots, was fine! Change to nvidia setting, that active SLI Nvidia.
    I make PC down out, later more hours. Start PC up, some problem black screen! That is problem with SLI??? two Card GTX 470 stay it, but i pull Cable Power of second Card out. PC start up, all okay! How....??

i will make mistakes.

The manual for your board has instructions for setting up SLI, which you should read. The manual is only in English I think, so maybe you can translate it.

The manual states this about which connector to use:

Connect a VGA cable or a DVI cable to the monitor connector or the DVI
    connector of the graphics card that is inserted to PCIE2 slot.

When using two cards, you must use PCIe slot 2, and PCIe slot 3. You do not use PCIe slot 1 with two cards.

You must also set up SLI with the NVIDIA program that is part of the driver installation program.

Page 23 of the boards manual shows how to set up SLI, you really must read that section. You can read the manual that came with the board, or download it from the boards download page.
    Last edited by parsec; 11-08-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kurt98572 View Post
    @kurt98572
    Yes, it work all fine! CD Disk from ASRock was all fine, sorry! Because here (frist PC) DVD-drive canīt read CD disk ASRock! But DVD-drive (second PC ASRock) can read it!!

other topic:
    I read manual ASRock,
    Installing Two SLI-Ready Graphics Cards:
    Install the identical SLI-rady graphics cards that are NVIDIA cretified because different types of graphics cards will not work together properly. (Even the GPU chips version shall be the same.) Insert one graphics card into PCIE2 slot and the other graphics card to PCIE4 slot. Make sure that the cards are properly seated on the slots. see picture:
    Not to PCIE5 slot. right?
    GTX 470 ASUS GDDR5 1280MB and GTX 470 ZOTAC GDDR 1280MB is GPU chips same???

Z68 Extreme 4, boots not, because DVD-UEFI is defect.-asrock008-jpg

I change cable HDMI to normal DVI.

Sebastian
    Last edited by profJim; 11-23-2012 at 03:12 PM. Reason: removed hidden tracking link in quoted text

i will make mistakes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information