Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASROCK Extreme4-M BIOS P2.50 "Firmware file size does not match existing Firmware size"

AbsoluteJoe is offline Junior Member

Question ASROCK Extreme4-M BIOS P2.50 "Firmware file size does not match existing Firmware size"

I am getting the following popup when trying to re-flash the P2.50 BIOS.
    The initial P2.50 flash recommended bypassing part of the update due to an SI mismatch. I selected the recommended action, and the flash proceeded OK.
    After resetting my BIOS settings and re-boot of Win 7, I attempted to reproduce the original warning popup but got this error popup instead.

ASROCK Extreme4-M BIOS P2.50 "Firmware file size does not match existing Firmware size"-firmwarefilesizeerror-jpg

The P2.50 BIOS seems to be working OK but the file size error reported by the flash utility bothers me.

Does anyone have ideas of why I got the original SI mismatch warning or why I now get this P2.50 re-flash error ?

What is the best way to verify my BIOS (POST runs OK)?

Default Re: ASROCK Extreme4-M BIOS P2.50 "Firmware file size does not match existing Firmware size"

Yikes, sounds like you're trying to use the Extreme4 bios on the Extreme4-M? Extreme4-M latest bios is 1.40. Best way to upgrade the bios is to copy the new version direct to usb thumbdrive and boot into bios menu to do upgrade.

Edit: Just noticed the msg on the small window about X79E4M, I was talking about Z77 Extreme4-m so probably disregard. :)
    Last edited by pmill; 11-24-2012 at 02:57 AM.

AbsoluteJoe is offline Junior Member

Default Re: ASROCK Extreme4-M BIOS P2.50 "Firmware file size does not match existing Firmware size"

Quote Originally Posted by pmill View Post
    Yikes, sounds like you're trying to use the Extreme4 bios on the Extreme4-M? Extreme4-M latest bios is 1.40. Best way to upgrade the bios is to copy the new version direct to usb thumbdrive and boot into bios menu to do upgrade.

Edit: Just noticed the msg on the small window about X79E4M, I was talking about Z77 Extreme4-m so probably disregard. :)
    pmill,

Yes, I have an X79 Extreme4-M (2011 Socket). Current BIOS is now P2.70.

THX

Thread Information