Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BSOD issues with ASMedia drivers and Windows 8

Default Re: BSOD issues with ASMedia drivers and Windows 8

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Good question, I have no idea. If Windows does not install a standard USB 2.0 driver for them when the ASMedia USB 3.0 driver is not installed, or you can't manually install a driver through device manager, then they won't work.
    Just hooked up a peripheral (scanner) to them. Would not scan. Looks like I'm down two USB ports until this gets sorted out.

I have a similar issue so excuse the bump. I was buying most of my new system components (same board, also ivy chip) from one place so I asked them to put everything together as I had only built a system once and hell, rather let them do most of the work.

I installed a fresh windows 8 when the system arrived. All was good until I started installing the drivers and found that damn ASMEDIA driver caused my windows to not boot up. Thankfully restore points saved the day. Days later I tried again and exactly the same situation (I DID NOT have any BSOD like the OP). Opening up the case and cracking the manual I saw that they had put my SSD and HDD on the ASMEDIA ports. Since both were AHCI I THOUGHT that I could switch them to the Intel ports without a problem. Wrong. My system now powered off during the boot sequence. I switched them back to ASMEDIA ports and now everything was fine. But no SATA 3 drivers.

Now, it was my understanding that with AHCI on I should be able to move and have my installation work fine. Is this not the case?

I've waited almost 3 months and ASROCK have not replied to my mail nor have they released new drivers for the crash.

I know I could just switch to Intel ports and reinstall but for reasons I don't want to get into, I REALLY would like to avoid doing so.

Anyone know if it is possible to switch to the Intel ports?

Quote Originally Posted by dazzazzad View Post
    I have a similar issue so excuse the bump. I was buying most of my new system components (same board, also ivy chip) from one place so I asked them to put everything together as I had only built a system once and hell, rather let them do most of the work.

I installed a fresh windows 8 when the system arrived. All was good until I started installing the drivers and found that damn ASMEDIA driver caused my windows to not boot up. Thankfully restore points saved the day. Days later I tried again and exactly the same situation (I DID NOT have any BSOD like the OP). Opening up the case and cracking the manual I saw that they had put my SSD and HDD on the ASMEDIA ports. Since both were AHCI I THOUGHT that I could switch them to the Intel ports without a problem. Wrong. My system now powered off during the boot sequence. I switched them back to ASMEDIA ports and now everything was fine. But no SATA 3 drivers.

Now, it was my understanding that with AHCI on I should be able to move and have my installation work fine. Is this not the case?

I've waited almost 3 months and ASROCK have not replied to my mail nor have they released new drivers for the crash.

I know I could just switch to Intel ports and reinstall but for reasons I don't want to get into, I REALLY would like to avoid doing so.

Anyone know if it is possible to switch to the Intel ports?
    Mine are on the intel ports, which are superior. Make sure you enable them in the BIOS and set your boot order to look for the system drive on the Intel SATA port.

Then, completely remove all ASMedia USB drivers and install the latest versions from ASRock's website. Going on two months with rock solid stability from me.

Quote Originally Posted by LH1983 View Post
    Mine are on the intel ports, which are superior. Make sure you enable them in the BIOS and set your boot order to look for the system drive on the Intel SATA port.

Then, completely remove all ASMedia USB drivers and install the latest versions from ASRock's website. Going on two months with rock solid stability from me.
    Didn't you do a fresh install?

I definitely enabled them but maybe the boot order was the screw up.

The ASMedia USB drivers are the latest, when I got my system I went to the website first to get the latest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information