Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: New Video Card - no output to monitor

fusoya is offline Junior Member

Default New Video Card - no output to monitor

Upgrading an AMD 6870 to a GeForce 660Ti. The 660Ti is an RMA, both the original and RMA have the same issue. eVGA says the original passed all their tests, and the RMA is a tested & brand new card. So it seems like the problem isn't the card itself.

Here's my system...
    XFX 6870 (old) / eVGA 660Ti FTW Sig2 (new)
    i5-2500k
    CM Hyper 212 Evo
    Asrock Z68 Pro3-M
    Seasonic X650
    2x8GB G.Skill Sniper DDR-1600
    Samsung F3 1TB (system hard drive)
    OCZ Vertex 4 512GB on SATA3 (Steam/games hard drive)
    chassis and CPU fans are hooked up to a Sunbeam Rheosmart controller

The system turns on, fans run, video card fans run, HDD working away, sounds like Windows is booting but I can't tell bc there's no output to monitor. I've tried both HDMI and DVI, nothing. The mobo is non-SLI, so there's only 1 PCI-E slot. If I put the 6870 back in, everything works fine, so I know everything is connected right and nothing is "broken." I connected the monitor to IGP, booted into Windows, uninstalled the old AMD drivers, rebooted, installed the latest GeForce drivers and rebooted. Still using the IGP to boot, the 660Ti is recognized in Device Manager, no exclamation mark. Back in BIOS I switched primary video back to PCI-E, connected HDMI to the 660Ti, still no output.

I've tried BIOS 2.30, 2.20, and 2.10. Same results. Does this sound like a BIOS/mobo issue? eVGA seems pretty sure the cards are okay.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: New Video Card - no output to monitor

It does sound like a BIOS issue, and I'm sure you've seen the BIOS updates for your board referencing discrete video card compatibility improvements. BIOS 2.30 was in July, 2012, when did the 660's come out? Can you check your 660 card in another PC?

fusoya is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    It does sound like a BIOS issue, and I'm sure you've seen the BIOS updates for your board referencing discrete video card compatibility improvements. BIOS 2.30 was in July, 2012, when did the 660's come out? Can you check your 660 card in another PC?
    i think the 660Ti came out after July.

just checked and the card works in my friend's computer. he's running a core i7 on an Asus P6T6 WS (X58 chipset) with an AMD 4870 card on DVI. so its not the video card, or the drivers, since he had AMD Catalyst drivers installed. Just plugged in the 660Ti and booted into windows with a low resolution.

so most likely a BIOS issue? anything else I should try?

I have the exact same problem im running a Asrock Fatality Professional Z77 i5- 3570k i bought a brand new GTX 670 (asus direct cu II) since i putted it in i had the same problem with my older card the gtx 480 everything works fine if anyone can come to a solution i wil gladly appreciate it.

Thread Information