Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Bios update locked my settings.

Default Bios update locked my settings.

I recently flashed my bios to the newest version for the Z68 Pro3-M, which is version 2.3. After I flashed I noticed that my multiplier and a lot of other settings are now locked on my i7-2600k. Also, my computer no longer powers my USB devices while in sleep mode. On top of all that, when I press my power button to take my computer out of sleep mode my computer tries to start three times then just reboots. Any help? Is it possible to rollback? I would much rather do that if no one has any solid answers.
    Last edited by Axiarus; 11-23-2012 at 02:33 PM.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Bios update locked my settings.

What BIOS version were you using before changing to 2.30?

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    What BIOS version were you using before changing to 2.30?
    Whichever one came with the board. I am not quite sure.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Well, that's not good. Did you notice on the UEFI/BIOS download page, that BIOS 2.10 (whose updates are included in 2.30) adds support for Ivy Bridge CPUs, and requires a new IME driver, new version of AXTU, and onboard video driver update, if you use it?

We have seen posts in this forum like yours, after people using a Sandy Bridge CPU like your i7-2600K, with a Sandy Bridge chipset board like yours (Z68), change to the BIOS that supports Ivy Bridge CPUs on a SB board. It seems the IB BIOS on an otherwise SB CPU and board, causes problems like you have.

I would try installing the required version of IME, as listed for BIOS 2.10, which may fail, but worth a shot. The same with AXTU.

The oldest BIOS listed for your board now is 2.10, which will make no difference, IMO. I've never tried changing to an older BIOS version on these boards, but some users claim it does not work. I don't own your board, but maybe someone else has saved earlier versions.

I would try a full BIOS reset, including removing the battery from the board, while moving the CMOS clear jumper. The final option is getting a new BIOS chip with the last non-Ivy Bridge BIOS in it from ASRock support.

Yeah, the IME update fails. Well this sucks. Thank you for the info though.

See if the the below thread helps:
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/4...os-update.html
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Thread Information