Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Need BIOS Update, Completely Clueless.

ShiverZ_HD is offline Junior Member

Default Need BIOS Update, Completely Clueless.

Okay, so I feel like a complete failure as I've seen many people posting threads and I have NO idea what most of you are going on about (yes you've guessed it, I'm not all that experienced when it comes down to the software programming side). so forgive me if most of you look at this thread and laugh with the word "noob" popping out of your mouth lol.

First of all I will say that I downloaded CPU-Z to find out all the specs of my computer in detail,

Motherboard "ASRock N68-VS3 FX"
    Chipset - "NVIDIA GeForce 7025"
    Southbridge - "NVIDIA nForce 630a"
    LPCIO - "Winbond W83627DHG-P"

Processor - "AMD FX-4100"
    Specification - "AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor"

BIOS Brand - "American Megatrends Inc."
    Version - "P1.20"

Now you have that information I will tell you what the problem is, I have downloaded Steam to play some games, after all that is originally why I bought this PC, now once I have paid for and downloaded these games, many of them keep CTD, or rebooting my system, on one occasion it even BS'd my comp.

Now after much searching and revision I found out that my problem was my BIOS, and that my BIOS should be updated, however... when looking through the updates for BIOS there was so many of them, and I'm not intellectual enough to determine which update I should get, and with fear of bricking my comp, I decided to seek help elsewhere. Which, is why I am here today.

I need an up to date BIOS with the capability of running games through Steam, if anyone could help me with this matter I would be really grateful.

Thank you.

InlineR is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Need BIOS Update, Completely Clueless.

ASRock > N68-VS3 FX

it looks as if there have been 5 BIOS releases since yours I would download the newest BIOS and see if that fixes your errors.

Before you download or update the BIOS, please read below " (How to Update)" carefully.

1.80 11/15/2012 Instant Flash 543.50KB Improve Windows 8 compatibility.
    Asia

Europe

USA

China

ShiverZ_HD is offline Junior Member

I came accross some like this before, the only problem was, was that it said it was only for Windows 8, I thought that if it's suitable for windows 8 then it should cover previous versions such as 7, am I right to think that? I mean, I don't want to download this and end up having everything screwed....

InlineR is offline Junior Member

basically the latest bios includes compatibility for windows 8 as well as all the previous work a rounds and fixes included in previous BIOS releases.

Thread Information