Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows 7 slow boot with many disks

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Windows 7 slow boot with many disks

Quote Originally Posted by klepper View Post
    You can easily move a RAID5 from an identical chipset just by moving the drives. No data is lost, no resyncing, no re-initilizing, just unplug and move.

I'm just wondering if there will be a fix. I was using the last board's SATA II ports for the RAID 5 as well. The RAID itself is fast for a RAID 5, but not during boot.
    Functionally, of course you can move a RAID volume from one similar Intel RAID platform to another. My point was POST time for RAID 5 initialization and processing. The IRST Option ROM is a version 11 on the Z77 board, and a version 10 on the Z68 board, unless you used a hacked UEFI with a version 11 OROM added to it.

The differing OROMs being the issue is simply a suggestion, I don't know if that is the source of the problem. The version of IRST you are using is different too, which usually is not a problem with simple RAID 0 volumes, but might cause issues with RAID 5.

I don't recall seeing a post in this forum similar to your issue, which makes me wonder if ASR recognizes there is any issue here. You should contact ASR support directly about this.

One thing that people take for granted, is the perfect functioning of IRST. Then I began reading the Release Notes. Quite a surprise, I wonder how many issues that people have are hiding in IRST?

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology

klepper is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Windows 7 slow boot with many disks

Actually this motherboard I installed new 3TB X 4. Raid initialization time was just over 40 hours.

You don't see any other posts in this form? LOOK AT THIS ONE. I highjacked it, another guy who started this post is having the same problem but with 500GB X 4.

My boot time is 2:18, (the majority of that is windows logo time) from power button to windows chime. Less than 30 seconds with the RAID 5 unplugged. Moved this RAID 5 back to a Asus Z68 board, boot time less than 30 seconds as well.

Maybe I'll update my bios. Play with some settings. I contacted ASrock support the same time I made this post, but nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Functionally, of course you can move a RAID volume from one similar Intel RAID platform to another. My point was POST time for RAID 5 initialization and processing. The IRST Option ROM is a version 11 on the Z77 board, and a version 10 on the Z68 board, unless you used a hacked UEFI with a version 11 OROM added to it.

The differing OROMs being the issue is simply a suggestion, I don't know if that is the source of the problem. The version of IRST you are using is different too, which usually is not a problem with simple RAID 0 volumes, but might cause issues with RAID 5.

I don't recall seeing a post in this forum similar to your issue, which makes me wonder if ASR recognizes there is any issue here. You should contact ASR support directly about this.

One thing that people take for granted, is the perfect functioning of IRST. Then I began reading the Release Notes. Quite a surprise, I wonder how many issues that people have are hiding in IRST?

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information