Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock Extreme Tuner - Still not working

Default Asrock Extreme Tuner - Still not working

I have the Extreme11 board...and the Asrock Extreme Tuner stopped working with BIOS update 1.60. I've recently moved to BIOS 2.0 and the Extreme Tuner is still not working. I know its not just me, because many in the OCN forums are reporting the same thing. Is this being addressed by Asrock?

Default Re: Asrock Extreme Tuner - Still not working

ASRock has come out with AXTU v0.1.316 on 11/29/2012. Tried that one?

Absolutely no idea of your issue was addressed in the latest release or not.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    ASRock has come out with AXTU v0.1.316 on 11/29/2012. Tried that one?

Absolutely no idea of your issue was addressed in the latest release or not.
    wardog...where are you finding that version? It's not listed on the download page for the Extreme11.

Download Files form ASRock Inc. > Latest Utilities Update

It's currently listed on the above page. My 990FX in my sig, I've not updated yet to this particular version. But I have used that page to update AXTU from other listed MB Models.

I'm on v0.1.310 with my board and it's not listed in the d/l's for my board either. Matter of fact, for my 990FX Extreme4 listed d/l's ASRock looks as if they haven't updated much of the original drivers and utilities since they put the MB listing on their site.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

ASRock Tech Zone

Another good ASRock link. If you follow links off the above page, most pages have the latest releases available for d/l at the bottom of the page.

Download Files form ASRock Inc. > Latest Utilities Update

It's currently listed on the above page. My 990FX in my sig, I've not updated yet to this particular version. But I have used that page to update AXTU from other listed MB Models.

I'm on v0.1.310 with my board and it's not listed in the d/l's for my board either. Matter of fact, for my 990FX Extreme4 listed d/l's ASRock looks as if they haven't updated much of the original drivers and utilities since they put the MB listing on their site.
    I went ahead and tried it even though it was for a different motherboard...and got the same error. An "Access Violation Error" of some sort. Frustrating.

ASRock Tech Zone

Another good ASRock link. If you follow links off the above page, most pages have the latest releases available for d/l at the bottom of the page.
    Nice page. It didn't have the Asrock Extreme Tuning Utlity listed though.

If there is an Asrock rep in this forum...can you at least confirm to me that you are aware of the problem and are working on a fix?

maxgadgetguy is offline Junior Member

I have a different error regardless of the version of The AXTU I install... I'm using a Asrock Z68 Pro3-M with the latest BIOS and every version of the Tuner utility I install over the past 6 months shows the AXTU logo then a pop-up dialog error "Range Check Error." Once I click the OK button, AXTU closes immediately. I too just want to manage fan speeds and review HW monitor information for my mobo.

This seems to have happened since the BIOS update to 2.xx. Prior to roughly July 2012 the AXTU worked fine for me on this board with Win7 64-bit.

A screen shot of the error is attached. I've even tried version 1.330 dated 1-8-13.

EDIT: I did find out that my problem was due to an issue with Windows 7 WMI service. Basically once I reset the WMI repository, all my issues with diagnostic type programs went away! Others getting errors in launching AXTU may want to check this as well!
    Attached Images Attached Images Asrock Extreme Tuner - Still not working-axtuerror-gif 
    Last edited by maxgadgetguy; 01-15-2013 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Solution found!

Thread Information