Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 70

Thread: Asrock you have lost a customer for good BYE!




  1. #21
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Asrock you have lost a customer for good BYE!

    Quote Originally Posted by shankly1985 View Post
    Mate where talking about z68 platform that is just over one year old. They is no excuse for not still supporting it, take a look at all other board manufacture and you will see they all have Windows 8 support. Yes this PC does run Windows 8 but I did need to go elsewhere to find the Windows 8 drivers for my Network and Audio and Intel smart response. And comparing 4G to Windows drivers is madness 4G is hardware witch is a new upgrade.
    I understand about your Z68 PC, but part of the problem is the way Microsoft handled (or really did not) the transition to Windows 8. When Windows 7 (and Vista) was introduced, MS had a program that checked the PC for compatibility, and advised you what needed to be updated. Not so with Windows 8, determining compatibility is the users problem.

    Have you noticed how many mother boards are certified for Windows 8? Very few, and I believe one new ASR board was recently the FIRST one to get Windows 8 certification. Is that what we would expect at this point? I'm talking about all mobo manufactures.

    Syn's analogy about 4G is valid given earlier posts in this thread. They wanted the lastest AMD CPUs to work in older AMD chipset boards, which AMD stated is not supported. The chipset is a hardware change too. Not to mention the million technical details that we are not aware of or understand.

    You likely noticed that your board is no longer listed in ASR's main list of current boards. That means it is no longer being sold. IF ASR considers that a reason to no longer support it, or have it at the bottom of the support update list, that is their choice, for better or worse. I agree it is not a smart move on their part, as I can (supposedly) get Windows 8 drivers for my old X58 board (yes, it is now old) from another manufacture. Win 8 support may be coming, but given they have just added that to their current line of boards, it may be a while.

    The more that I consider that Win 8 is biased for tablet and basic notebook PC use, given the UI made specifically for touch screen PCs, the more I wonder how good Win 8 is for desktop PCs. "But it boots so much faster..." True, because most of the Windows services that were set to immediate start are now set to delayed start. No big tech breakthrough there. Tablet PCs don't use all the Windows services, and have SSD storage, so they ought to be fast starting.

    The history of Windows 8 has only just begun being written, and we'll only really know how it turns out later.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: Asrock you have lost a customer for good BYE!

    I'm not particularly put off by this but not inspired either. My thoughts are that this z68 (fatality in my case) was marketed as a high end mother board that would allow you to buy now with the comfort that it would allow you to use it well into the future. Perhaps more thorough UEFI support is beyond the capabilties of z68, if so tell me, I'll live with it. It does seem that it would be a minor thing for ASRock to add some links to their downloads pages to acknowledge that these driver are compatible with their boards. It leaves an impression that the support team is 3 guys working in rented 10 x 10 office.
    Last edited by Autochthon; 12-11-2012 at 09:17 AM. Reason: grammar
    ASROCK Fatality z68 Professional GEN3 + Intel 2600K
    4 x 4g Gskill Sniper 1866 9-10-9-28
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Samsung 840 Pro 256g (win8)
    Crucial M4 256g SSD (win7)
    Crucial M4 64g SSD(cache) + (2 x Hitachi) 2 Gig 7200
    2 x 500g maxtor 7200
    Gateway LP2407
    SuperMicro SC750A

  3. #23
    shankly1985 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    35

    Default Re: Asrock you have lost a customer for good BYE!

    Quote Originally Posted by synack View Post
    So your displeasure is simply having to look for drivers yourself?

    the z68 platform is from may 2011 so about 18months...(which is about a generation in computer terms) and the MB manufacturer doesn't make the chipsets, so I suppose they are lazy in not looking for those drivers for you... lol. "other" manufacturers might have those drivers for you this week... but what about the updates next month? or 2 months from now?... will you stop buying from them too? when does the madness stop?

    The board was designed for windows 7, not windows 8. No where did it say "we promise to give you windows 8 drivers whenever it comes out." If it works, consider yourself lucky that you may not need to upgrade your hardware this time around. Consider yourself lucky drivers were available at all to allow you to upgrade to windows 8, instead of bashing the company because they didn't wrap it up in a nice bow for you. Thank the manufacturer for using vendors that continue to support their chipsets into windows 8

    the 4G comparison wasn't to windows drivers, it's obviously comparing technologies in general. To those who expect that manufacturers should support their stuff (software or hardware) forever.
    I have never once in all my time had a Manufacture not support a Windows release with Drivers Where the Hardware is quite New. Hell the Board even supports Ivy bridge so its still this Gen. They released a BIOS Update not long ago 2.20 (Modify for Windows8 shut down behavior.) Yet if you install there windows 7 drivers on Windows 8 you will get some nasty performance issue (intel smart response)
    Yes I did have to look elsewhere but if them drivers work, witch they do Would it really take long to link them on there site? Just to least show other people they is driver support.

    Lazy company is Lazy.

  4. #24
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Asrock you have lost a customer for good BYE!

    Quote Originally Posted by shankly1985 View Post
    I have never once in all my time had a Manufacture not support a Windows release with Drivers Where the Hardware is quite New. Hell the Board even supports Ivy bridge so its still this Gen. They released a BIOS Update not long ago 2.20 (Modify for Windows8 shut down behavior.) Yet if you install there windows 7 drivers on Windows 8 you will get some nasty performance issue (intel smart response)
    Yes I did have to look elsewhere but if them drivers work, witch they do Would it really take long to link them on there site? Just to least show other people they is driver support.

    Lazy company is Lazy.
    Good point about the UEFI update for IB and Windows 8 shutdown. A rather obvious, "we support this but don't".

    Not that it makes a difference to you now, but Win 8 drivers from any other Z68 board ASR supplies them for should work, as well as those from Intel. Just think if we waited for mobo manufactures to update their Win 7 drivers, relative to what is actually available. Most of the drivers I use for my X58 board are not from its download page. Same for the Win 7 drivers for my ASR Z77 boards.

  5. #25
    synack's Avatar
    synack is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    265

    Default Re: Asrock you have lost a customer for good BYE!

    Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Good point about the UEFI update for IB and Windows 8 shutdown. A rather obvious, "we support this but don't".

    Not that it makes a difference to you now, but Win 8 drivers from any other Z68 board ASR supplies them for should work, as well as those from Intel. Just think if we waited for mobo manufactures to update their Win 7 drivers, relative to what is actually available. Most of the drivers I use for my X58 board are not from its download page. Same for the Win 7 drivers for my ASR Z77 boards.
    YES! a really good point! obviously ASRock is doing NOTHING to help their z68 customers run windows 8 lol... oh wait... seems like they are.
    The more the OP posts, the more I think he/she invalidates their original point.

    Time for me to move on to people who need help.

    Syn

  6. #26
    shankly1985 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    35

    Default Re: Asrock you have lost a customer for good BYE!

    Quote Originally Posted by synack View Post
    YES! a really good point! obviously ASRock is doing NOTHING to help their z68 customers run windows 8 lol... oh wait... seems like they are.
    The more the OP posts, the more I think he/she invalidates their original point.

    Time for me to move on to people who need help.

    Syn
    And having a system BSOD when installing Intel smart Response driver on Windows 8 isn't a problem? Yet they release a BIOS update stating Windows 8 and dont test the drivers they have on offer? The Windows 7 audio driver gives high Latency sound crackle, the Network Driver random stops responding.

    Do you think am here for no bloody reason? Am here trying to get support you un-grateful (insert BAD Word)

  7. #27
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Asrock you have lost a customer for good BYE!

    OMGawd, I've become a politician, agreeing with both sides at once! Well, maybe not, my information is correct...

  8. #28
    synack's Avatar
    synack is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    265

    Default Re: Asrock you have lost a customer for good BYE!

    Quote Originally Posted by shankly1985 View Post
    And having a system BSOD when installing Intel smart Response driver on Windows 8 isn't a problem? Yet they release a BIOS update stating Windows 8 and dont test the drivers they have on offer? The Windows 7 audio driver gives high Latency sound crackle, the Network Driver random stops responding.

    Do you think am here for no bloody reason? Am here trying to get support you un-grateful (insert BAD Word)
    ahh i see... I didn't see any request for help, only complaints about ASrock and lack of driver support for windows 8. And that they have lost a future customer.

    if I may make a suggestion, you could probably start with asking for help, as you came off as just a whiner looking for a soapbox to complain on.

    Not sure how I AM ungrateful, but I get that you are mad, and need to blow off steam. So i'll just ignore that.

    Does it BSOD on the latest windows 8 drivers for example from here(intel)?
    From what I understand, it should just work fine with z68 chipsets and windows 8.

    Syn

  9. #29
    shankly1985 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    35

    Default Re: Asrock you have lost a customer for good BYE!

    Quote Originally Posted by synack View Post
    ahh i see... I didn't see any request for help, only complaints about ASrock and lack of driver support for windows 8. And that they have lost a future customer.

    if I may make a suggestion, you could probably start with asking for help, as you came off as just a whiner looking for a soapbox to complain on.

    Not sure how I AM ungrateful, but I get that you are mad, and need to blow off steam. So i'll just ignore that.

    Does it BSOD on the latest windows 8 drivers for example from here(intel)?
    From what I understand, it should just work fine with z68 chipsets and windows 8.

    Syn
    Reason I didn't ask for help is because I have already fixed this with drivers from elsewhere. Granted I needed to re-install windows 8 because ISR driver messed things up. And because Asrock listed Windows 8 in one of its BIOS updates I went and upgraded to Windows 8 thinking they must of tested the Windows 7 driver but I was wrong.
    I dont think they have tested a single Win7 driver on Win8 hence the reason I am now here asking for future support so Other's dont have the same issue when upgrading from Windows 7 and loosing there data.
    Last edited by shankly1985; 12-11-2012 at 11:13 AM.

  10. #30
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Asrock you have lost a customer for good BYE!

    Quote Originally Posted by shankly1985 View Post
    And having a system BSOD when installing Intel smart Response driver on Windows 8 isn't a problem? Yet they release a BIOS update stating Windows 8 and dont test the drivers they have on offer? The Windows 7 audio driver gives high Latency sound crackle, the Network Driver random stops responding.

    Do you think am here for no bloody reason? Am here trying to get support you un-grateful (insert BAD Word)
    The "smart response" driver you mentioned is really IRST, Intel Rapid Storage Technology, their AHCI/RAID driver, that also includes the the Smart Response SSD caching option. The IRST driver on your boards download page, is Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver ver:10.8.0.1003, which is rather old, surprising it is still listed, but old drivers are typically listed by mobo manufactures. I'd still be using Intel Matrix Storage on my X58 board if I used what ASUS provides for that board.

    Intel lists, for Windows 8, IRST versions 11.7.0.1013, or 11.6.0.1030, for Z68 boards.

    When you said "... having a system BSOD when installing Intel smart Response driver on Windows 8...", what exactly do you mean? BSOD during installation or use?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •