Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Asrock you have lost a customer for good BYE!

Default Re: Asrock you have lost a customer for good BYE!

I think that with the pace of new chipsets and combined with the pace of Windows updates, that many companies, not just ASRock, are having to make the decision of weather to focus their limited engineering resources on old products or new products. This isn't an excuse for them, but I am just stating what I think the reality is. Some companies have more resources then others, and will have deeper support then other - I just you can look at it and factor it into your future buying decisions.

shankly1985 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bobin8ter View Post
    I think that with the pace of new chipsets and combined with the pace of Windows updates, that many companies, not just ASRock, are having to make the decision of weather to focus their limited engineering resources on old products or new products. This isn't an excuse for them, but I am just stating what I think the reality is. Some companies have more resources then others, and will have deeper support then other - I just you can look at it and factor it into your future buying decisions.
    Then why List in a BIOS update 2.20 Windows 8 support, Yet leave the list of Drivers witch are windows 7 and very buggy??

parsec is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by shankly1985 View Post
    Then why List in a BIOS update 2.20 Windows 8 support, Yet leave the list of Drivers witch are windows 7 and very buggy??
    IMO, the drivers are not included on some boards simply because they have not been tested, due to reasons bobin8ter stated. The UEFI update was something that was actually done to the code for Windows 8. In reality, how many modifications are made on drivers by mother board manufactures, besides identification data? IMO, none, I can't see Intel letting anyone changing the source code of IRST for example. I can't blame a manufacture for third party drivers that are buggy.

You could also look at the lack of Windows 8 drivers as an implied statement, "None listed because they are buggy." Since they can't create their own drivers, there are none.

That's the best benchmark I've ever seen of a cached system, most cached system users don't show off their benchmarks, you obviously have done it right. How mature is that OS installation?

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    IMO, the drivers are not included on some boards simply because they have not been tested, due to reasons bobin8ter stated.
    You could also look at the lack of Windows 8 drivers as an implied statement, "None listed because they are buggy." Since they can't create their own drivers, there are none.
    At least a reasonable guess. If true, I think they should be explicit and state as much.
    ASROCK Fatality z68 Professional GEN3 + Intel 2600K
    4 x 4g Gskill Sniper 1866 9-10-9-28
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Samsung 840 Pro 256g (win8)
    Crucial M4 256g SSD (win7)
    Crucial M4 64g SSD(cache) + (2 x Hitachi) 2 Gig 7200
    2 x 500g maxtor 7200
    Gateway LP2407
    SuperMicro SC750A

Quote Originally Posted by Autochthon View Post
    At least a reasonable guess. If true, I think they should be explicit and state as much.
    Would you say that in public about your business partners, either directly or indirectly, whose products you depend on to make the sales of your products possible?

Have you ever seen a manufacture of any product criticize their competitors products? They don't. What chance is there that a manufacture would criticize the products of another manufacture that the first manufacture uses and distributes to their own customers?

I'm not saying that is right, correct, or good, but simply reality.

Some people in forums decide that their circumstances and conclusions are absolutely true and apply to everyone else. How many times have you read about someone saying software X or hardware Z is terrible and does not work, but you use it just fine?

How did people use Windows 8 Release Candidate or Consumer Preview, when many Windows 8 versions of software and drivers did not exist? How are people using Windows 8 now if proper drivers do not exist?

IMO, the drivers are not included on some boards simply because they have not been tested, due to reasons bobin8ter stated. The UEFI update was something that was actually done to the code for Windows 8. In reality, how many modifications are made on drivers by mother board manufactures, besides identification data? IMO, none, I can't see Intel letting anyone changing the source code of IRST for example. I can't blame a manufacture for third party drivers that are buggy.

That's the best benchmark I've ever seen of a cached system, most cached system users don't show off their benchmarks, you obviously have done it right. How mature is that OS installation?
    The install is from windows 8 release day.

This the SSD I have http://www.corsair.com/ssd/force-ser...ard-drive.html
    It has read and write up to 500mb witch is what am getting, maybe others have showed you there SSD witch has a lower speed or not setup correct?
    Last edited by shankly1985; 12-13-2012 at 05:57 PM.

Would you say that in public about your business partners, either directly or indirectly, whose products you depend on to make the sales of your products possible?

Have you ever seen a manufacture of any product criticize their competitors products? They don't. What chance is there that a manufacture would criticize the products of another manufacture that the first manufacture uses and distributes to their own customers?

I'm not saying that is right, correct, or good, but simply reality.

Some people in forums decide that their circumstances and conclusions are absolutely true and apply to everyone else. How many times have you read about someone saying software X or hardware Z is terrible and does not work, but you use it just fine?

How did people use Windows 8 Release Candidate or Consumer Preview, when many Windows 8 versions of software and drivers did not exist? How are people using Windows 8 now if proper drivers do not exist?
    The thing is all the drivers I have listed are for windows 8 Intel/Realtek/Broadcom all have Windows 8 drivers for Z68 extreme4 Gen3 So here is the Question why dont Asrock Update there Driver page? How meny people do you know when Installing Windows get told go to Manufacture site for the latest?
    They dont get told you most go looking the internet.

You are going beyond what I have asked which is simply that they give us links to a bare minimum of win8 drivers for these products (which apparently do exist as I managed to track most down) and inform us as to whether there will be specific win8 support at some point in the future. This just seems like common sense to me. We are talking about what is mapped out as the dominant future OS for these products.
    ASROCK Fatality z68 Professional GEN3 + Intel 2600K
    4 x 4g Gskill Sniper 1866 9-10-9-28
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Samsung 840 Pro 256g (win8)
    Crucial M4 256g SSD (win7)
    Crucial M4 64g SSD(cache) + (2 x Hitachi) 2 Gig 7200
    2 x 500g maxtor 7200
    Gateway LP2407
    SuperMicro SC750A

Quote Originally Posted by shankly1985 View Post
    The install is from windows 8 release day.

This the SSD I have Force Series
    It has read and write up to 500mb witch is what am getting, maybe others have showed you there SSD witch has a lower speed or not setup correct?
    I'm referring to benchmarks users post in forums. Frankly, it is unusual to get the SSDs normal performance in a cached volume, which I've never seen before. ATTO also is the best case situation, an AS SSD result would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Autochthon View Post
    You are going beyond what I have asked which is simply that they give us links to a bare minimum of win8 drivers for these products (which apparently do exist as I managed to track most down) and inform us as to whether there will be specific win8 support at some point in the future. This just seems like common sense to me. We are talking about what is mapped out as the dominant future OS for these products.
    I was off on the tangent of your first response to my post.

I certainly am not justifying the lack of driver listings for your board, or trying to do so. Providing links would be unusual, I've never seen a mobo manufacture do that.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information