Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Asrock you have lost a customer for good BYE!

shankly1985 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Asrock you have lost a customer for good BYE!

Quote Originally Posted by synack View Post
    Anything positive to say? Or are you just trying to stir it up?
    Seriously. The guy just said ASRock told him they are working on driver certification with Microsoft.
    I would imagine you probably didn't get a reply due to the attitude you are giving off.

I seriously doubt you would be happy with anything. And on that note, i'm out of this pointless thread. I said my piece. the board works as advertised. end of story.

Have fun with your complaining!

Syn
    Yes they told him fatality z68 pro gen 3 support. Guess what that not my Board. I was very nice and just asked the question on the email nothing bad at all. Yes you correct the Board does work now after I lost all my data from Bad driver its clear that it wasn't tested on windows 8.

Don't come back you not welcome anyway.
    Case: Corsair Carbide 500r/MB: Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3/CPU: i5 2500k/GPU: XFX HD7950 DD/Cooling: Corsair H80/Ram: Kingston HyperX 8GB/PSU: Corsair HX850w / 2TB Seagate Sata3 HDD+Corsair GT 60GB Caching/Audio: Asus Xonar DS/Corsair Vengeance 1500

Geef is offline Junior Member

Thumbs down Re: Asrock you have lost a customer for good BYE!

After reading this for the past 10 minutes or so I've seen that I'm not the only one who has UEFI problems with asrock. I've made the decision that I will upgrade my motherboard (M3A770DE) but because of all the problems, I'm gonna pass on getting another ASRock board. Thanks for the board working great the entire time I had it. Until I upgraded to windows 8 and found I could no longer access the bios options.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Sooo you know that is the boards fault? I use Win 8 on my ASR board, and I can get into the BIOS fine.

Are you using a fast boot option? Are you UEFI booting? Win 8 has an option to restart to the UEFI, if that is how Win 8 was installed, UEFI boot and not BIOS boot.

You mentioned "all the problems", and then "the board working great the entire time I had it", so I don't get that.

What baffles me is why anyone would want to use an OS designed for Smart Phones and tablets on a real computer. Everyone I know that buys a new PC with Windows 8 is taking it off.

Have to say I was a bit surprised at the delay in producing Windows 8 support for older boards, growing pains I'm sure for ASRock, but I will also say I've received some of the best personal support from ASRock on my Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 board. They provided a custom bios after testing my memory with the board to fix the transition from Sandy Bridge to Ivy Bridge CPU's. It did take time, time for Mushkin to send them test ram (which they did) and time for ASrock to fix it (very fast turn around once they received the memory in fact), and this for memory not on their qualified vendor list for compatible modules. So I'm going with a big thumbs up for ASRock support! Also, now that Windows 8 support has finally arrived, I'm sure many of you will think twice about spending bucks on a replacement item for your very solid ASRock mobo! :)

Geef is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Re: Asrock you have lost a customer for good BYE!

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Sooo you know that is the boards fault? I use Win 8 on my ASR board, and I can get into the BIOS fine.

Are you using a fast boot option? Are you UEFI booting? Win 8 has an option to restart to the UEFI, if that is how Win 8 was installed, UEFI boot and not BIOS boot.

You mentioned "all the problems", and then "the board working great the entire time I had it", so I don't get that.
    I do have to admit that a while back I turned something on in the old bios (probably got it activated, it was doing win8 with normal bios before I did it) and after that I didn't notice a problem until the other day when I needed to get back into the bios but it just does the UEFI fast boot. I tried to unplug my hard drive and power on my system but it still skipped past anything to access the bios then gave me an error about boot problems. I'm not really missing out on too much except a onestop location to change motherboard settings and without a driver from asrock a UEFI button doesn't appear in the win8 settings.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TE5LA View Post
    What baffles me is why anyone would want to use an OS designed for Smart Phones and tablets on a real computer. Everyone I know that buys a new PC with Windows 8 is taking it off.
    They take it off because it is fashionable to bash Windows 8, it implies they are a knowledgeable enthusiast by doing so. Some people still use XP too.

Alas, they miss so much, such as true UEFI firmware booting, rather than still using 16 bit BIOS firmware, in CSM compatibility mode. BIOS firmware can only address 1MB of memory, while UEFI firmware has 64 bit addressing.

It does have features for Smart Phones, like running TRIM on SSDs in RAID arrays. Oh wait, you can't create RAID arrays of SSDs on Smart Phones, sorry...

My PC with Windows 8 does remind me of a Smart Phone in one aspect, when powered up from pressing the power button, I'm working in 10 seconds.

It baffles me that the so called Metro interface, which can be passed by with one click, is enough to stop these "enthusiasts" dead in their tracks.

Anyone that thinks Windows 8 is only for Smart Phones and Tablet PCs, has never seen it.

Diablokiller999 is offline Junior Member

I'm the next lost customer ( and my friends and customers too, will never recommend it again! )...

Quote Originally Posted by Diablokiller999 View Post
    I'm the next lost customer ( and my friends and customers too, will never recommend it again! )...
    Good riddance, most of the Z68 have beta bios that you can download that support Windows 8 features.
    CPU Motherboard Graphics RAM
    i5-2500k Asrock Extreme7 Gen3 Sapphire Radeon HD 6970s CrossfireX Corsair XMS3 16GB (CMX16GX3M41600C9)
    Hard Drive Hard Drive Cooling OS
    120gb OCZ Solid 3 Hitachi Desktar 7K3000 2TB 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s In... Corsair H100 Windows 7Ultimate
    Monitor Keyboard Power Case
    Samsung SycnMaster P2770 27inch Logitech G15 Corsair HX1000W Corsair 500r

Diablokiller999 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron G Ring View Post
    Good riddance, most of the Z68 have beta bios that you can download that support Windows 8 features.
    Yeah cool, but how is this helping me out?
    They say I can use RAMs faster than 1866MHz, but if I use it, my GPU gets locked at 400MHz so it's kinda false advertising to me (or they just fooled me?)! That's like "You can drive 200km/h, but with your brakes always on"

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information