Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N68C-GS FX Frequent crashes/freezes - Need help!

Frejborg is offline Junior Member

Default N68C-GS FX Frequent crashes/freezes - Need help!

Hi, my system specs are all listed. I have tried several driver versions from both the ASRock website, as well as the VIA website.

My system is crashing very frequently, I need help!

I thought it was a Sound/Memory issue, as I am getting blue screens, but I really don't know anymore, as nothing I've tried has worked.

Sometimes no Audio Device is detected in Windows at all, and I have to go activate the Windows Audio service, and it's just all buggy like this.

Do I have to update my BIOS?

You can go ahead and delete my other thread, as I obviously posted that one prematurely. -_-
    Last edited by Frejborg; 12-06-2012 at 09:10 PM. Reason: extra info

Default Re: N68C-GS FX Frequent crashes/freezes - Need help!

Quote Originally Posted by Frejborg View Post
    :
    You can go ahead and delete my other thread, as I obviously posted that one prematurely. -_-
    I'd at least duplicate here what was posted in the other thread. There are important details there that aren't duplicate here(yet!).
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

::Update::

I did an Instant Flash on my BIOS from v1.00 to 1.30

Not a crash since, but I'll post back if it happens again.

Oh, just a tidbit of information: when I updated my BIOS, the PC wouldn't boot. It said NTLDR missing. The problem was that the BIOS config got reset and was attempting to boot off my second HD, so I just had to make a quick change in the settings.

Red face Re: N68C-GS FX fixed

Hi, so it's been a good few days, and have not had one crash since the BIOS update!

So, if anyone with this or other mobos is having unstable times, flash that BIOS!

OK, take care!

Hi, I'm back.... well my crashing problem never really went away. It seems this mobo is just finicky with drivers and well.. I know it's a cheap board but, can I get it to work without regular crashes? The reason I've come back now is because the crashes weren't happening often enough to really bother me, but now I'm going back to play Guild Wars 2 again, and my system is crashing while I'm in-game every every 5-15 minutes. The crashes happen mostly while gaming. Especially games that require more resources, such as CS:Go, or GW2, but when I play World of Warcraft it does happen just not very often. Sorry this isn't broken up into smaller paragraphs for some reason it's not allowing me to break the line with the enter key. But yeah if I multitask it usually causes a crash in quick time. But as it is Guild Wars 2 is basically unplayable, crashing very often. And no, not just the game crashing, but the system just blue screens and restarts. I need help to resolve the issues with this motherboard once and ffor all, please!

DxDiag.txtHere's more information for my system taken from dxdiag:DxDiag.txt

harleyman is offline Junior Member

Have you gamed in windowed mode while watching your temps at all??

Probably not any reason for your problems, but your 80 G HDD seems to be pretty full... they will fail if they can't move files causing problems...Defragg it often(weekly) using anything but windows defragger... Maybe even delete some things too if you can
    Last edited by harleyman; 03-04-2013 at 12:19 AM.

Yeah I definitely need a new harddrive. lol No I haven't gamed in windowed mode and watched temps. I'll try that, but I'd be quite surprised if that was a problem, my tower has good cooling. Remember the crashes don't always occur while gaming or under heavy load. Heavy load definitely exacerbates it, as when I was playing Diablo III, I had frequent crashes with it as well. Thanks for reply.

harleyman is offline Junior Member

Hey...maybe that drive was a SSD..That thought never crossed my mind..if so...They dont defragg, but i assume you know that too.

How can I watch my temps? I'm on Windows 8.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information