Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASRock ALiveNF7G-GLAN with GPU problems

alexthemod is offline Junior Member

Exclamation ASRock ALiveNF7G-GLAN with GPU problems

HI..
    I have a ASRock ALiveNF7G-GLAN and the GPU onboard is working bad.
    I would upgrade the mobo with a new graphic adapter.
    But i don't know if my PCI Express is 2. or the older 1.0.
    Can you help me?

PS:I would know also a basic Graphic Adapter compatible.I don't play 3d games.

Thank you!

Default Re: ASRock ALiveNF7G-GLAN with GPU problems

Considering it's age(7050/630A(MCP68)) I'd say you're looking at PCI Express 1.0

Maybe someone else can chime in here and prove me wrong. But seeings there's nowhere that delineates it as other than "PCI Express" sans vX.x following it I'm standing firm on v1.0
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Considering it's age(7050/630A(MCP68)) I'd say you're looking at PCI Express 1.0

Maybe someone else can chime in here and prove me wrong. But seeings there's nowhere that delineates it as other than "PCI Express" sans vX.x following it I'm standing firm on v1.0
    Thank you Wardog...i thougth the same.
    BUt now the problem is:which graphic adapter is compatible?
    I repeat..i need of a good gpu but not for games.

Anyone know which graphic adapter can i use with a PCI Express 1.0?

??????

Quote Originally Posted by alexthemod View Post
    ??????
    The best your wallet can shuck out for.

And that your PSU can power adequately.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    The best your wallet can shuck out for.

And that your PSU can power adequately.
    Wardog..i have a 450 watt...and an Athlon II Quad Core..
    The problem is that i don't know which Grapich Adapter is compatible with my PCI Express 1.0.

Ok...in another forum said to me that i can install a 2.0 PCI Graphic Adapter without problems.
    Only a bit lower performance.
    THank you for NO HELP.

Quote Originally Posted by alexthemod View Post
    THank you for NO HELP.
    Huh? What? Where is my reply ANY different than that which you received in another forum?

Sometimes I'm left wondering why I bother.

Try not to go through life with that attitude. You'll get further without it.

BTW, You're Welcome!

Thread Information