Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: H61DE/S3 UEFI problem

Default H61DE/S3 UEFI problem

I just finished building a new rig with a H61DE/S3 motherboard. Everything is working fine, but every time I boot the computer, it goes directly to UEFI instead of going to windows. I searched the web, but I can't seem to find the answer, and I think it's probably something easy...

Default Re: H61DE/S3 UEFI problem

I seemed to have to found the problem...

If my G19 keyboard is connected when I boot, it goes directly to UEFI setup, and if the keyboard is disconnected when I boot, it boots up to windows. The bad thing is I haven't found a solution yet. I tried all different USB slots, but no luck sofar, and I don't wanna disconnect and reconnect my keyboard every time I boot.

I don't have any other keyboards I can try at the moment, so I can't rule out that this specific keyboard is the problem.

A very annoying problem imo, and I really hope someone here can shed some light on the problem and have a satisfying answer to this.

Look at and or change the option in "Legacy USB Support" and see if that might make a difference.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

parsec is offline Senior Member

It seems like your Logitech G19 keyboard is sending the Del or F2 signal to the board during POST, so it starts the UEFI. Keyboards like yours are very dependent on their drivers, which one are you using? There is an updated driver posted on 12/5/2012 for your keyboard, that would be my first thing to try.

While Logitech is somewhat famous for their fancy keyboards, they are also known to have compatibility/interaction issues with other hardware, usually mother boards. They have a troubleshooting section on the driver download page:

Support + Downloads: G19 Keyboard for Gaming - Logitech

You were right Parsec, it was the G19 that was causing the problem (I did have the latest drivers btw). The pc I built was not for me. Today I took it to my mate, and when he plugged in his keyboard and mouse, it didn't have any problems booting into windows.

So it seems the motherboard isn't too fond of my G19

Thank you both for the help, much appreciated!

Thread Information