Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Asrock P35D DDR3 Question

Default Re: Asrock P35D DDR3 Question

Quote Originally Posted by carlese View Post
    I read someone say to short fsb2 3-4 and fsb3 4-5 or both 3-4.. Can you confirm?
    No I cannot confirm.

Stay with me please.

Now show(Please copy and paste the below then include your settings after each):
    BIOS > Advanced > Chipset Configuration

Memory Remap Feature [ ]
    DRAM Frequency [ ]
    Flexibility Option [ ]
    DRAM CAS# Latency [ ]
    DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay [ ]
    DRAM RAS# Precharge [ ]
    DRAM RAS# Activate to Precha
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

carlese is offline Junior Member

Memory Remap Feature ENABLED
    DRAM Frequency AUTO (can only choose between auto, 800 or 1066)
    Flexibility Option. DISBLED
    DRAM CAS# Latency AUTO (can choose up to 9)
    DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay AUTO (can choose up to 6, instead of 9 which is the correct timing)
    DRAM RAS# Precharge AUTO (can choose up to 6, instead of 9 which is the correct timing)
    DRAM RAS# Activate to Precharge AUTO (can choose up to 15, instead of 24 which is the correct timing)

In addition, i whought ram were defected, so i ran a 5 hours memtest but no errors were found..

Something is definitely wrong..
    Last edited by carlese; 12-16-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlese View Post
    Something is definitely wrong..
    I'm not yet going that far as to declare something wrong.

I've PM'd ASRock TSD Emily and asked her to to review this thread and post available options for you.

If I knew if the jumpers didn't set a hard multi I'd have suggested that to you. Yet I do not want to get blamed for anything that may have gone wrong while doing so. So be patient and lets see what Emily has for you.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

i hope she answers you.. i don't get any response to PMs..

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

Emily will probably post in this thread, either to ask for more information or with some suggestions.
    It will speed things up and help if you follow the following suggestion and completely add all information in your PC SPECS:

We can best help you after you create a detailed hardware list in the System Specs portion of your
    forum profile http://forums.tweaktown.com/profile.php?do=editprofile at the bottom of the
    profile page or in your forum signature http://forums.tweaktown.com/profile....=editsignature.
    Be sure to include brand names and model numbers.

Ok, thanks.. I updated my specs in my profile!

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

Please post a link to the exact memory kit on the Corsair website.
    This way they can test with an identical memory kit if needed.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Vengeance®

by the way, i i don't come to a solution with your help, can you suggest another motherboard that supports socket 775 and ddr3 1600mhz from scratch? i know asus p5q3, but can't find it anywhere where I live (Italy)..
    Last edited by carlese; 12-17-2012 at 01:49 AM.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Sorry to say, very few socket 775 mother boards available that are new. Very few on web sites in the US. Not sure about other countries, but given what you have available in Italy, probably the same in other countries.

Has anyone got problems with the mobo randomly not posting for a while?

My P35D has been randomly not posting since I bought it(3 years ago, new). At first the post failed about once a week, but two weeks ago it got worse. The mobo posts about once in twenty boots.
    CMOS reset never helps. MEM test says everything is ok. Tried with different video cards, PSUs etc, problem persists.

When the system posts, and I load optimal settings in bios and turn on the flexibility option for the RAM. Everything else is default.
    Posts couple of times fine, then goes back to no post.

Gonna try with DDR2 today, I'll report back.

I have 1.26 bios, E8400, 2x2gb DDR3.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information