Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Asrock P35D DDR3 Question

carlese is offline Junior Member

Default Asrock P35D DDR3 Question

Hi, i read from the manual that my board supports up to 4gb ddr3 ram, but i heard that some people are using 8gb instead.. so is it possible to use 8gb? thanks a lot!

Also, could someone send me a 1.26-1.27 bios? thanks!

Default Re: Asrock P35D DDR3 Question

I was going to suggest you read THIS thread but I see now you've already done that.

carlese, send a PM directly to "ASRock TSD - Emily" here using THIS link and politely request that BIOS file.

Otherwise, chances are she'll miss your request there in that old thread.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Ok, thanks a lot! Can you please tell me how to set the jumpers on my mb to use ddr3 and over clock my q6600 to at least 3.2ghz?it doesn't say anything on the manual about ddr3..

Hi again, i tried everything on my board but i still can't set my ram to 1333.. i know it supports it, but everything i can set on my bios is 800 or 1066, and the timings are all wrong! see this screen:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2585/immagineemg.jpg

Timings should be 9-9-9-24 but all i can set is 6.. please help me.. this is my config:

- e6600 @ 3.0 ghz (333x9)
    - 2x4gb ddr3 vengeance 1600mhz (yes, 8gb work fine and 1600mhz is not the problem here)

Thanks!

FYI. Any suggestions by me from here forward are from me reading the manual and using Google. As I do not own this particular motherboard that is all I have to operate with, the manual and Google.

Are your FSB jumpers still in the "Default" positions?

FSB2 XXOO
    FSB3 XXOO

FSB1 XXOO
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

OK, As it seems you're getting along much better in another forum, I'm going to let you continue on over at:

[Thread Ufficiale] ASRock 4Core1600P35-WIFI+ / 4Core1600Twins - Intel P35 - Pagina 90 - Hardware Upgrade Forum

You're getting more help there than I could ever assist with.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    OK, As it seems you're getting along much better in another forum, I'm going to let you continue on over at:

[Thread Ufficiale] ASRock 4Core1600P35-WIFI+ / 4Core1600Twins - Intel P35 - Pagina 90 - Hardware Upgrade Forum

You're getting more help there than I could ever assist with.

Good luck.
    I wrote here 'cause i hope someone from Asrock TSD answers ASAP.. i really need some advice.. i tried setting jumpers as you told me, but still no luck.. I also tried with only one stick instead of two, but still no luck.. it's strange 'cause on the other forum a guy managed to go to 1333 just settinf jumpers like this:

- FSB1 2-3
    - FSB2 1-2
    - FSB3 1-2

Obviously I tried and.. NO LUCK :( I don't think my ram are damaged, because they work fine and the system recognizes them with no problems, I just want to reach 1333mhz.. on this board this is not even an OC like in other boards (for example g41 from asrock has support from 1333 ram, but only in OC, and my friend uses the same ram i have with g41 and it works on 1333), so please tell me how to solve it.. calling all Asrock TSD here :D

Thanks!

another thing.. today i ran the windows classification and i got 6,3!!! with ddr2 4gb i got 6,7.. what's wrong with this motherboard??? corsair vengeance should be really fast..

ASROCK TSD, SHOW YOURSELF HERE PLEASE.. :(

With the 3 jumpers all on 1-2, please reply what the Main > System Overview page states.

BIOS Version
    Processor Type
    Processor Speed
    Microcode Update
    Total Memory
    Cache Size
    DDRII 1
    DDRII 2
    DDRII 3
    DDRII 4
    DDR3_1
    DDR3_2

CPU: e6600 step b3 @ 3.0 Ghz, 333x9
    DDR3 1&2 4096mb (I see set up as 800mhz)
    Bios L1.26
    Timings auto (cpu-z shows 6-6-6-15)
    Spread spectrum and speedstep disabled..

I read someone say to short fsb2 3-4 and fsb3 4-5 or both 3-4.. Can you confirm?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information