Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: CoreHT 231D bluescreens due to driver 'fnettboh_305.sys' (USB 3)

arve.knudsen is offline Junior Member

Default CoreHT 231D bluescreens due to driver 'fnettboh_305.sys' (USB 3)

I'm having the more or less daily problem of my ASRock CoreHT 231D bluescreening due to the driver 'fnettboh_305.sys', which seems to be handling USB3 (Etron hardware). I'm running Windows 7 SP1 x64 on this machine. Is anyone else seeing this problem? What to do?

Default Re: CoreHT 231D bluescreens due to driver 'fnettboh_305.sys' (USB 3)

<span style="text-decoration: line-through;">As the CoreHT series appears to use Renesas/NEC USB 3.0 controller, and not an Etron USB 3.0 controller according to the ASRock CoreHT Page(<-Link), I'm left wondering why you have that particular file installed at all.

That file is from an XFast USB Utility install, that your CoreHT doesn't appear to support.</span>

OK. Wrong. I see the CoreHT series does support the XFast util.
    Last edited by - wardog -; 12-18-2012 at 07:40 AM.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Ah, so it has to do with XFast, I'll consider uninstalling that then. Do you know what the purpose of this driver is, considering a NEC driver is installed for USB 3?

ASRock XFast USB

I ended up uninstalling it after a trial period. Not quite sure if it was just a buggy install or the programs I use that depend on USB flash drives didn't care for it and caused problems.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

I started having these problems after installing the NEC USB 3 driver in order to access my WD My Passport drive, maybe there's some kind of interoperability issue between that and XFast.

You mean you had XFast installed prior to the NEC 3.0 driver(s)?

I don't know the underpinnings of XFast tech, but you might want to uninstall and then (re)install XFast after having installed the NEC driver(s). Couldn't hurt and worst case is it still burps your system and you end up uninstalling it to keep the issue from reoccurring.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    You mean you had XFast installed prior to the NEC 3.0 driver(s)?

I don't know the underpinnings of XFast tech, but you might want to uninstall and then (re)install XFast after having installed the NEC driver(s). Couldn't hurt and worst case is it still burps your system and you end up uninstalling it to keep the issue from reoccurring.
    I installed XFast first, yes. My system got hosed in the meantime though (after running Driver Verifier), so I've reinstalled Windows - NEC drivers first this time. We'll see how it goes.

My newly installed system bluescreened again :( This time it was due to "power state failure" during shutdown (no driver was mentioned). I'll try uninstalling XFast, and hope that helps.

Thread Information