Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASRock H77 Pro4 MVP blue screen

Guioml87 is offline Junior Member

Default ASRock H77 Pro4 MVP blue screen

Hello,

I recently buy ASRock H77 pro4 MVP, and I encounter some blue screen since I use it.

I try to run OCCT with default mode (large data) => "error detected on core #n" very randomly, sometimes during first seconds, sometime no issue for hours.
    I've try to change memory, from Corsair vengeance LP 2x4Go 1600 cas9 to old Crucial 2x2Go 1333 => no more errors. Is it memory? Or the running frequency?
    I've seen also that system seems to be more stable when I increase memory voltage, and less when I decrease it.
    Memory seems to be good way for my issue, so I try to run MEMTEST86+ : impossible to have any error during 3 hours bench.

Maybe you can help me to analyse my issue?

Thank for your help, and very sorry for my english :-/

Default Re: ASRock H77 Pro4 MVP blue screen

My guess is you're running OCCT to confirm stability for the overclock?

If so, then it's the CPU you're butting heads with. Not the board or memory.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Thanks for your response,
    No there is no overclock, I try OCCT because I had some blue screens, so I wanted to bench the stability of the hardware (even is this is not overclocked).

For this moment I don't have any idea of the reason of the instabililty but :
    - MEMTEST86+ gives no error (15hours bench, 10 pass)
    - Windows Memory Diag gives no error BUT the bench freeze completly at max 3 pass, always at 21% of the current pass (a specific test?)
    - OCCT gives error in max an hours, sometimes only in a few seconds (temperatures don't have time to increase!)
    - OCCT seems to be stable by increasing memory voltage from 1.5 to 1.6V (the memory is certified to run at 1.5V/1600/CL9, this is XMP default profile)
    - OCCT gives no error by changing the 1600 cas9 corsair vengeance memory by 1333/CL9 crucial

I've some doubt on corsair memory but I don't understand why MEMTEST86+ is ok (and I don't think that corsair will accept to change it if this bench is ok).
    The other idea is maybe the memory controller (CPU or Mainboard?) that doesn't accept to run at 1600Mhz/CL9?

Thanks for your help

What's the specific model of Corsair Vengeance do you have?

Also, in the meantime if it's not already, set the memory Command Rate to 2T or 2N(whichever shows in BIOS) and retest.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

The model of the corsair vengeance LP memory : CML8GX3M2A1600C9B
    The command rate is already to 2T (include in the XMP profile of the memory)

Hello,
    Here a copy of the message that I've posted on corsair support forum with the results of all the tests I've do. I think about a compatibility issue between the ASRock H77 pro4 mvp and the corsair vengeance LP CML8GX3M2A16000C9B, but I'm not expert and I'de like to have other opinions (and support from ASRock) :

I recently upgrade my computer for a ASRock H77 pro4 mvp + intel core i5 3470 + Corsair Vengeance LP CML8GX3M2A1600C9B memory. Before chosing this memory, I've check the compatibility with the motherboard on corsair website.

The mother board BIOS is up to date, I've load memory XMP profile into the bios, install windows 7 64bit system and start to run this new config => 2 blue screen during first day.

Last days I've done some trials to understand the issue :
    OCCT large data with XMP 1600Mhz profil => error very fastly (often <1min!)
    OCCT large data with XMP 1600Mhz profil, increasing memory voltage from 1.5V from 1.6V => seems to be more stable but still error (about 3hours bench)
    OCCT large data with JEDEC 1333Mhz profil => still error but seems to take longer time (max 3hours)
    PRIME95 blend test at both 1333Mhz and 1600Mhz => errors
    MEMTEST86+ (XMP 1600Mhz profil) : no error (15hours bench!)
    Windows Memory Diag (XMP 1600Mhz profil) : no error detected but system often seems to freeze at 21% in extended mode

I've change the memory module for 2x2Go Crucial 1333Mhz CL9 :
    OCCT large data run during 15hours without any errors
    PRIME95 blend test during 8hours withour any errors

I've bench the Corsair Vengeance LP CML8GX3M2A1600C9B on another system (ASrock 870 extreme 3 with Athlon II X4) :
    OCCT large data with JEDEC 1333Mhz profil : run during 10 hours without any error
    PRIME95 blend test with JEDEC 1333Mhz profil : run during 8 hours without any error

I've check if there is some difference on memory automatic configuration between the ASrock 870 and the ASrock H77 :
    - CL/TRCD/TRP/TRAS/TRTP/TRRD/TWTR/TWR are the same
    - little difference on votage : 1.547v on ASRock 870, 1.5v on ASRock H77
    - difference on command rate : 2T on ASRock 870, 1N on ASRock H77
    - little difference on TRFC : 160/110 on ASRock 870, 107 on ASRock H77
    I'm not sure these differences may explain why the memory seems to be stable on ASRock 870 and not stable on ASRock H77? (but this last one seems to be closer to JEDEC profil)

I'm going to conclude for a compatibility issue between the Corsair Vengeance LP CML8GX3M2A1600C9B and ASRock Pro4 mvp motherboard.

Do you think this conclusion is right? What can I try to make the corsair memory working well will the motherboard? Is there any other test I can do to confirm the issue?

Thanks for your help, and sorry for my english

I stated/asked in assistance

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Also, in the meantime if it's not already, set the memory Command Rate to 2T or 2N(whichever shows in BIOS) and retest.
    and you replied

Quote Originally Posted by Guioml87 View Post
    The command rate is already to 2T (include in the XMP profile of the memory)
    But then you go on to state that on the H77(MB of topic here ie: "H77 Pro4 MVP blue screen") that it is 1N on the H77

Quote Originally Posted by Guioml87 View Post
    - difference on command rate : 2T on ASRock 870, 1N on ASRock H77
    On the H77 we're discussing in this topic/thread here, set the Command Rate to 2T or 2N(whichever shows in bios) and restest.

Here and now, if changing from CR from 1 to 2 doesn't net you the correct results, bypass the XPS settings in SPD. In Manual Mode set them to 1600 and input the memory specs 9-9-9-24 ONLY and leave every other Timing spec other than 9-9-9-24 to Auto and retest.

Thanks for your feedback,

Sorry if my previous message is not clear : command rate is 2T @ 1600 (when I load XMP memory profil), 1N @ 1333. I both case, I've errors on OCCT and PRIME95 with the H77 mainboard, that I don't have with the same memory @ 1333 on the 870 mainboard.

Here and now, if changing from CR from 1 to 2 doesn't net you the correct results, bypass the XPS settings in SPD. In Manual Mode set them to 1600 and input the memory specs 9-9-9-24 ONLY and leave every other Timing spec other than 9-9-9-24 to Auto and retest.
    Ok, I've try it => no improvment, still errors.

Is there any recommendation about the "MRC fast boot" and "DIMM exit mode"?

Any idea of other trial I should do?

Thread Information