Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installed New BIOS Chip In z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3, new i5-3350p, and new HD 7850 -- No Video Signal??

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Installed New BIOS Chip In z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3, new i5-3350p, and new HD 7850 -- No Video Signal??

Try going back to the monitor, and use the VGA connection from your card to the monitor. Use a VGA cable from the PC to the monitor, and no adapter for now.

TV's can be a problem with PCs, since the resolution of the TV is not the same as PC monitors, and can cause issues. Such as not working while the board POSTs and boots, but does when Windows starts. Since you now cleared the CMOS, you must go into the BIOS and at least load default settings, but you need a display to do so of course.

It sounds like you are still stuck at D6 correct?

bangsheadondesk is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Installed New BIOS Chip In z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3, new i5-3350p, and new HD 7850 -- No Video Signal??

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Try going back to the monitor, and use the VGA connection from your card to the monitor. Use a VGA cable from the PC to the monitor, and no adapter for now.

TV's can be a problem with PCs, since the resolution of the TV is not the same as PC monitors, and can cause issues. Such as not working while the board POSTs and boots, but does when Windows starts. Since you now cleared the CMOS, you must go into the BIOS and at least load default settings, but you need a display to do so of course.

It sounds like you are still stuck at D6 correct?
    The monitor only has VGA and the video card does not. I was using a DVI to VGA adapter-cable, but I switched to the TV because I was worried the adapter-cable was the problem and I wanted to test the HDMI.

Yes I am stuck at "d6".

What about trying the hard clear of the CMOS that you ended your last post with?

Also, what about the BIOS chip that ASRock sent me? They sent it to me quite a while ago and they never told me which version it would have on it, but I think it is quite possible that it has version 2.1 which does support Ivy Bridge, but according to their website's CPU Compatibility list the i5-3350p requires BIOS Version 2.3. Wouldn't that cause problems?

So far I have tried these things:
    1) DVI port and HDMI port on different displays (DVI on monitor and HDMI on TV)
    2) CLR CMOS button (a few times now)
    3) Removing CPU and checking the socket pins (look fine)
    4) Re-seating the CPU and graphics card, then retrying CLR CMOS
    5) Removing all RAM except one module in A1 slot.

bangsheadondesk is offline Junior Member

An ASRock tech support agent believes the problem is with the BIOS version. I don't have another LGA1155 CPU with iGPU to test with or to update the BIOS. I also do not have another graphics card to do further testing and I don't have any friends nearby with LGA1155 CPUs or graphics cards I can borrow to test with. So I am trying to get another BIOS chip with 2.3 on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information