Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Access Violation at Address 00433D27 ?

johnmw1 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Access Violation at Address 00433D27 ?

Thanks fellas for the continuing support.

In answer to what PSU it is it can be found at Thermaltake - Australia - Litepower 500W OEM - W0394. I have added an attachment of the cables coming out of the PSU although it still does not show them up real close. Another thing the case specs do not mention is there is also a USB 3.0 cable for the front USB 3.0 port which is connected to header # 11. I think I have probably answered my own question by doing this little exercise and indeed should not be using any of these other plugs. What I do need to figure out is how to get my front 2 USB ports working, and as you said in an earlier post Parsec it still maybe a driver I have not installed?

Cheers,
    John

Access Violation at Address 00433D27 ?-psu-power-connectors-jpg

parsec is offline Senior Member

The picture of the cables, and their descriptions, are quite clear, IMO. They all provide power from the PSU, and only supply power from the PSU, no data carrying cables whatsoever, and I would not expect any to be there.

A 4-pin Floppy Connector is just that, a power connector for a floppy disk drive. But that is all it is useful for, the end, ignore it unless you use a floppy drive.

The five pin SATA connector X 3 is for providing power to SATA HDDs, SSDs, and optical drives. SATA data cables are a different thing. Do you have some old PATA IDE drives, that use ribbon cables, and molex connectors for power? Your Intel 520 SSD has a SATA power connector for use with that cable, and your HDD too. Your 520 should include a SATA data cable, unless you bought an OEM unit.

There are NO cables from a PSU that supply power for USB directly. ALL USB power is provided by the mother board, via the 24 pin PSU connector.

Zero data cables there, including USB. A USB connection, either on a mother boards I/O panel, a boards external USB header connection, or a USB connector on a PC case, provides both power and data connections in one plug.

The USB 2.0 plugs on your PC case should have a cable running from it, with a rectangular plug that connects to the nine pin USB header on your board that I described earlier. Each nine pin USB 2.0 header on your board provides data and power connections for two USB 2.0 ports on a PC case. USB 2.0 does not need a driver since at least Vista, maybe even XP.

Same thing for the USB 3.0 plug on your case, but what connection is found on the end of the cable depends on how modern the case is.

johnmw1 is offline Junior Member

Hi everyone,

I will have to lay low for the next day at least as Xmas is approaching rapidly.

Whatever your beliefs or persuasion may I wish everyone a VERY SAFE & MERRY XMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR for 2013 !

Cheers,
    John

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information