Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASRock APP Charger works with Android devices?

Default ASRock APP Charger works with Android devices?

As per title. The ASRock APP Charger is adverticesd for iPhones and the like, does it work on Android based devices?
    thanks

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: ASRock APP Charger works with Android devices?

It should, but might not, for another reason. The voltage used for cell phones is all 5V, just as USB uses 5V, and phones are connected to the PC with a USB to whatever connector is used on the phone, with no electronics (to modify voltage) in between.

But, as I have found while trying to find separate replacement chargers for various cell phones for the family, or using a PC, they have an issue. That is, the cell phone manufactures have found a way to identify what charger the phone is connected to, and if it is not one made by them, the phone rejects the charger. Of course I have not used every phone out there, but I have seen this with at least three different cell phones I have tried to use with generic cell phone chargers. The phones do the same thing with a PC.

Bottom line, you will not hurt your Android phone (which really tells us nothing about who makes the phone, Android is the phones OS) by connecting it to a PC for charging, but you might find the phone does not "like" the PC as a charging device. All you can do is try.

bumping an existing, although older thread...
    Any work on if/when the App Charger function will be designed to speed up charging Samsung, Motorola, etc (Android devices), instead of Apple exclusively?

Mattmax is offline Junior Member

Does the app charger support the intern usb-port?

Thread Information