Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ASRock 970 Extreme4 FX-8350 Unstable with Stock Settings

Default Re: ASRock 970 Extreme4 FX-8350 Unstable with Stock Settings

Dear all,

I am double checking this issue now and will update the status to you soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks!
    Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

Dear all,

Please kindly provide your e-mail for me via PM and I will send a beta BIOS to you for testing it.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

im also having the same issue , with FX8150 ....on the 970 EXTREME 4 mainboard

emily can u kindly send the BETA BIOS to my email address will PM you

thanks jimmy

Arni is offline Junior Member

Well I put the cpu voltage to 1.3675 as pmarcus recommended, I even turned off Turbo option in bios, but got error again. I then decided to put manually voltage for the RAM to 1.5v (in my case) and it seems to be more stable, but after 5 hours of testing again error. I installed ESXI 5.0 on this computer and also got error after some time. Will try to adjust voltage once more and then will send it for replacement. Maybe there is some kind of defect on my motherboard. Otherwise I don't know what to do else.

Arni,

I think I mentioned in the PM, one of my systems I had to go to 1.3875 on the core and 1.65 on the RAM to get them stable. They seem to be fine overclocked that way and with stock speed. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by pmarcus View Post
    Arni,

I think I mentioned in the PM, one of my systems I had to go to 1.3875 on the core and 1.65 on the RAM to get them stable. They seem to be fine overclocked that way and with stock speed. Good luck!
    im hoping they can fix this with BIOS update?? , hoping we can try the BETA bios soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by pmarcus View Post
    Arni,

Yes I saw your message, but I also disabled Turbo core option in bios and my cpu is FX-8150, so it is slower than yours. That is why I think 1.3675 is more than enough for 3600 MHZ speed. I'll try to put more voltage on RAM and maybe will make it 1.55 or 1.60v. Anyway the system is working more stable after I put the voltages manually, so there is definitely something wrong with auto settings on this motherboard.

Quote Originally Posted by z24 View Post
    im hoping they can fix this with BIOS update?? , hoping we can try the BETA bios soon!!
    I hope so too. Actually I found one beta bios on their website here ASRock > 970 Extreme4 but I didn't try it yet. I am still waiting for answer from Emily.

So for now the system is working stable. I have bee running Intel Burn test and OCCT burn for 24 hours without any errors. I hope that the problem was solved. So I think that the problem was mainly in RAM voltage, because after increasing only CPU voltage the system gave me error. So I would recommend to put CPU and Ram voltages manually who have some problems with motherboard until they make new Bios.

Quote Originally Posted by Arni View Post
    So for now the system is working stable. I have bee running Intel Burn test and OCCT burn for 24 hours without any errors. I hope that the problem was solved. So I think that the problem was mainly in RAM voltage, because after increasing only CPU voltage the system gave me error. So I would recommend to put CPU and Ram voltages manually who have some problems with motherboard until they make new Bios.
    Arni whats the final setting to get your system stable??

Vcore and Vdimm......and other setting??

i think voltage control might be the key. we have re-test the Same Exact FX8150 chip that fail in the Asrock 970 EXTREME4 we have put into ASUS M5A99X Mainboard

and it works beautifully with PRIME95 , Asrock 970 EXTREME 4 definitely got some issue!! now im waiting on NEW BIOS to fix the issue!!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information