Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Problems with VGA card from 1st week of purchase...

shelpif111 is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up Problems with VGA card from 1st week of purchase...

Friends,

Sorry to bother U all with such Minor issue, but I don't know where to turn... Last December 2011, I purchased an Astrock Mini Desk PC - from a dealer who, a few months later closed his business, for good. I am in Hungary...a country where business people..have not yet absorbed that part of being in Business means...offering and providing... after sale service. That's Life here...yet they are part of NATO... I have called 5 other importers of ASTROCK computers, 1 of them admitted he sold my PC to that outfit I bought it from, but...since I did not purchase from him directly..my GUARANTEE IS FOR GRABS..NO ONE WILL HONOR IT.

Since I brought that PC how, the screen is going into FRENZY, starts moving the window and I need to shut and restart. I started changing every adjacent component: monitor, full set of cables, Printer, (had to keep the wife though...) as I was done with that, All possibilities were narrowed down to an internal PC problem...

But now, no local distributor agrees to honor the manufacturer's Guarantee !!!

I sent an URGENT HELP message to ASTROCK head quarters...No Reply from Them Either..

Kindly advise...what steps would U take...p.s. The Manufacturer Guarantee runs out in 4 days !!!

Many Thanks in advance
    Shelpif111

Last edited by shelpif111; 12-21-2012 at 01:23 AM.

Default Re: Problems with VGA card from 1st week of purchase...

Send a gracious and polite PM to "ASRock TSD - Emily" using THIS link and either explain what you're experiencing in the PM or provide a link in the PM back to this thread. She's the ASRock Contact here for TweakTown and replies in a timely manner.

And if I were you I'd remove my Serial Number and email from the above post.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

Default Re: Problems with VGA card from 1st week of purchase...

You didn't list the model name/number of your Mini Desk PC.
    Check the ASRock company website to confirm how long the warranty is.

Can you borrow another video card to test with to help narrow down the problem?
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Thread Information