Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ubuntu on the ASROCK FM2A75M-ITX with the UEFI

Max311 is offline Junior Member

Smile Re: Ubuntu on the ASROCK FM2A75M-ITX with the UEFI

Quote Originally Posted by synack View Post
    Could be the power supply. I would also confirm all components are seated properly. If necessary, remove and re-insert everything.
    If you are still having issues, pair down to bare minimum. remove everything except power to the motherboard, CPU and Ram and power up that way to see if you even post. then methodically add in one component at a time to find out where the issue is.

You have a 12v 10a AC powersupply?!?! are you sure? That doesn't sound right. *maybe* you have a 12v 10a DC rail... but for AC, all power supplies should be either 110/220v depending on what is correct for your country. and the power supply will output 12v, 5v, and 3.3v.

If your powersupply is truly 120W only, I would be cautious, as the CPU may require up to 100w that doesn't leave much room for anything else.

HI Synack, thank's for reply :)

I am not a pro like you ... I don't really understand the difference betwen AC and DC, (i just know that it's a great band )

A picture worth a thousand words, so this is ruffly what i have :
    http://www.it-tech-uk.com/43-214-thi...er-charger.jpg

Coupled to a plate, like this one :
    Aliexpress.com : Buy mini itx case power supply LR1106 (250W) from Reliable mini itx case power supply suppliers on Shenzhen Realan Computer Products Co., Ltd.

*** So i have fallowed all your instructions, unplug / plug everything (even the MB!!) and it worked ! Thank you for your precious advice !!

When i bought the mini ITX, the seller promised me 120w was enough with a A8 install ... i run the PC for 30minutes and the DC rail was over 75 ...
    What you say have a lot of sens : the CPU IS already 100w ... I am thinking about buying a 180w power plate with a 15A DC rail or maybe a 250w plate with a 18A DC Rail, in the goal to have an over sized material for reliability.

- The PC will have all the usb port occupied, with a ssd HDD, external dvd burner ... What power would you put for a confortable and reliable use ?

What happend if the DC Rail is lightly undersized to the power plate ? (18A DC Rail (200w max) / 250W power Plate) will the electricity at the end to the MB be undersized to, like 3.0 instead of 3.3v, for exemple ?

I did not install Ubuntu yet, because i did not receive the new HDD, but I think the Asrock MB is bugged, because when i tryed to setup the UEFI 'Cool & Quite" to slow down the fan speed (and noise !!) i could not setup the 50 temperature to the fan, the MB is tuned to keep the CPU at 65 and it seems that there is no way to change that ...

synack is offline Member

Default Re: Ubuntu on the ASROCK FM2A75M-ITX with the UEFI

Ahhh. I see now what you have. I guess the *ITX* part didnt sink in lol.. I was thinking mini atx for some reason.
    So yea you would have an external ac/dc adaptor with a dc-dc convertor board.

Staying close to maximum for your power supply will probably burn it out fairly quickly. If the price is not all that more, go with the 250W over the 180W. Although with what you listed you could probably get away just fine with 180w if budget is a major factor.

65c seems like a good balance to me... 50c might be a bit aggressive for a "quiet" solution.

synack is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Max311 View Post
    What happend if the DC Rail is lightly undersized to the power plate ? (18A DC Rail (200w max) / 250W power Plate) will the electricity at the end to the MB be undersized to, like 3.0 instead of 3.3v, for exemple ?
    You will probably kill your external power supply if it cannot supply the demand from the dc-dc convertor. Yes, You could experience intermittent power issues as well as low voltage conditions.
    it's better to spec the amperage higher on the external power supply than the dc-dc board. and the dc-dc board should be higher than your draw at the motherboard+devices attached to it.

Think of it this way, the devices draw power from the dc-dc board, so it must be capable of that load. the board draws from the external adapter so the adapter must be able to support the load from the dc-dc board.

Max311 is offline Junior Member

- My point of view - concerning the CPU Temperature runing, is that i planed a "globally" cooled PC by a single fan, because the casing is incredibly small, a good "bell" fan can cool the CPU AND the MB.
    If i can creat a "air circuit" where the flow is aspired by the fan in a side of the PC, and exausted by pressure on the other side, i make a continius flow of fresh air true the whole MB (it's my theory anyway) ...
    That's why it's not a "drama" if the fan work a bit :). That's why i don't just try to increase the CPU life by cooling vigourously the PC, i also planed to cool the whole thing, with one single silent fan ...
    Check that my friend :)
    High quality Multi Platform CPU aluminum heatsink + fan,100% Compatible-in Fans & Cooling from Computer & Networking on Aliexpress.com

Now i have purchased the power DC / DC plate (250w), and i listened you for the strengh (250w).

I listened the seller, hope she knows about electricity ... This is my DC adapter :
    http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...728091504.html

So now i have the 250w power plate, combined to a really powerfull 250w DC adapter

There we are !

The adventure is not finish ...
    - I must connect the wire to the adapter (do i need the "ball" a the end of the DC plug, what is the use of that ?)
    - I must get Ubuntu to be installed on that "monster truck" A8 3.6 CPU ...
    - Eventually resolve what look to me as a bug in the UEFI's MB, that CPU termal change unability ...

See you to the next episode friends :)
    Last edited by Max311; 01-11-2013 at 05:46 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information