Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AsRock Extreme4-M wont Start - Desperate :(

Democratus is offline Junior Member

Unhappy AsRock Extreme4-M wont Start - Desperate :(

Hello all , i just yesterday purchased a new uprage for my old case

i have AsrRock Extreme4-M full properly installed into the case
    with i5 3570k cpu , and H60 cooler mounted.
    i tried different plugs or unplugs but system wont starts

I have 2x8GB on A1-B1 , tried A1-A2 or just A1 mem spot
    nothing changed
    I have also plugged on PC1 a GTX 560 card , tried also in PC3 but the same

i have an SSD on SataII 03 and a WD on 01 , not on SataIII

PC starting to have power supplie , but monitor remaining on StandBy mode

i am with my pc in my hands for 10 hours now , i am afraiding to make something wrong
    and waiting for your advices please.

Thanks

Default Re: AsRock Extreme4-M wont Start - Desperate :(

Did you plug in the PCIe power lead from the CPU?
    i7 3770K, 47X100= 4.7GHz at 1.33V, ASROCK Z77 Extreme4, 2 X 4GB Patriot Viper Black Maba DDR3 1600, GTX 590, 2 X Corsair Force 3 120GB SSDs in RAID 0, Barracuda SATA 7200.10 500GB, Barracuda SATA 7200.11 1000GB Back Ups, OCZ ZX 1250W, Z-5500s, LG Blu Ray Player/DVD Burner, Koolance CTR-CD12 Fan/Pump Controller, Windows 7 X64 Professional, HAF X. Vision Quest 24" WS LCD, Optoma H66 Projector
    Cooling: Thermochill PA120.2 GT AP15 in push, DDC 3.25/XSPC Res top, Apogee Xt Extreme, XSPC Razor, Coolgate CG-240 Swiftech Helix in push/pull, MCP35X.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Proton View Post
    Did you plug in the PCIe power lead from the CPU?
    i plugged the (1) power supply connection
    not the (2)
    from the photo below
    ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

parsec is offline Senior Member

You MUST have the (2) connector on your board connected to the power supply, the (2) you circled in your picture.

That is the main CPU power to the board. Your power supply should have either a 4 pin or 8 pin CPU power cable. Do NOT use a six or eight pin PCIe cable, that is only for video cards, the power and ground wires are NOT the same as on a CPU power cable.

If you have an old power supply that does not have a four or eight pin CPU power cable, your board will not work.

Kornivsky is offline Junior Member

Hey! I had same problem with Asrock 970 extreme3. I reseted CMOS and system started to work. I have no idea,why I should do that,but that was only thing that worked for me. I also checked all cables etc.,nothing helped,only after CMOS rr, my system started again. And make sure you wait 5min,when PC starts ( even if it goes on stand by mode).

Quote Originally Posted by Democratus View Post
    i plugged the (1) power supply connection
    not the (2)
    from the photo below
    ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
    Not what I'm talking about. I am talking about the power lead that plugs into the Video Card itself.

Also, check that PCIe is selected as default Video output in the BIOS (or whatever it is called not)
    i7 3770K, 47X100= 4.7GHz at 1.33V, ASROCK Z77 Extreme4, 2 X 4GB Patriot Viper Black Maba DDR3 1600, GTX 590, 2 X Corsair Force 3 120GB SSDs in RAID 0, Barracuda SATA 7200.10 500GB, Barracuda SATA 7200.11 1000GB Back Ups, OCZ ZX 1250W, Z-5500s, LG Blu Ray Player/DVD Burner, Koolance CTR-CD12 Fan/Pump Controller, Windows 7 X64 Professional, HAF X. Vision Quest 24" WS LCD, Optoma H66 Projector
    Cooling: Thermochill PA120.2 GT AP15 in push, DDC 3.25/XSPC Res top, Apogee Xt Extreme, XSPC Razor, Coolgate CG-240 Swiftech Helix in push/pull, MCP35X.

1st of all thanks all for helping me :)

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    You MUST have the (2) connector on your board connected to the power supply, the (2) you circled in your picture.

That is the main CPU power to the board. Your power supply should have either a 4 pin or 8 pin CPU power cable. Do NOT use a six or eight pin PCIe cable, that is only for video cards, the power and ground wires are NOT the same as on a CPU power cable.

If you have an old power supply that does not have a four or eight pin CPU power cable, your board will not work.
    i realised this , when i was unplugging my old Mobo , the PSU has 4pin connector , so i need to plug it
    on 8pin, there is any special advice how to make it? cause it fits either on left and right side :/

Quote Originally Posted by Kornivsky View Post
    Hey! I had same problem with Asrock 970 extreme3. I reseted CMOS and system started to work. I have no idea,why I should do that,but that was only thing that worked for me. I also checked all cables etc.,nothing helped,only after CMOS rr, my system started again. And make sure you wait 5min,when PC starts ( even if it goes on stand by mode).
    yeah i saw this somewhere , but didn't realised that i need to wait 5mins , i will try this

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Proton View Post
    Not what I'm talking about. I am talking about the power lead that plugs into the Video Card itself.

Also, check that PCIe is selected as default Video output in the BIOS (or whatever it is called not)
    yeah this 3pin connector that says "PCI-E" is plugged

now i need to wait to finish my work to go home and try all those tips...
    i am looking forward to resolve this...

Also,if your video card is not so old and you're sure you haven't damaged it or whatever,there is no need to check it.
    Just try to clear CMOS and start PC. ( Give it time to start,like 5min,not more).
    I managed to get my Asrock 970 extreme3 with fx 8320 alive. ( And my mob & cpu is like few days old....had same problems,as you're getting).
    Things I did,was checked all my cables again,reseted CMOS ( Waited like 1min and all started).
    Now I'm running Prime95 for about 8 hours. All is stable,CPU running on stock speeds. After reseting CMOS,didn't changed anything.
    Case - InWin griffin. Back 80mm fan,side 220mm. If it helps somehow...
    Last edited by Kornivsky; 12-23-2012 at 06:15 PM.

i realised this , when i was unplugging my old Mobo , the PSU has 4pin connector , so i need to plug it
    on 8pin, there is any special advice how to make it? cause it fits either on left and right side :/
    The User Manual is a wonderful place to locate answers.

ftp://174.142.97.10/manual/Z77%20Extreme4-M.pdf <-see description and pics(!) on the bottom of page 42, "ATX 12V Power Connector"
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

1st of all thanks all for helping me :)

No need of advice here,just plug it inside.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information