Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: asrock 970 extreme3[/b] extremely slow!

Mike20121225 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: asrock 970 extreme3[/b] extremely slow!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornivsky View Post
    Try installing on this.your new system Windows 7 instead?
    Of course,older system,better performance...
    Thanks for your suggestion. I checked event viewer. I do not see any errors. I looked ASrock website for CPU support list and I found that my CPU is FX 8120 by part number is not in the list. my part number is FD8120FRGUBOX. I do not know whether this causes the slow, because the slow is not only in booting and also in every program clicking after windows started, symptomatic delay for 5 to 10 seconds after clicking a program. I do not know if ASrock found this problem.

Kornivsky is offline Junior Member

Hmmm,maybe really that's the problem.
    Can you make a search for your cpu part number,for any available motherboard,with takes that part number?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike20121225 View Post
    I looked ASrock website for CPU support list and I found that my CPU is FX 8120 by part number is not in the list. my part number is FD8120FRGUBOX. I do not know whether this causes the slow,
    Quote Originally Posted by Kornivsky View Post
    Hmmm,maybe really that's the problem.
    Can you make a search for your cpu part number,for any available motherboard,with takes that part number?
    NO! That's not the problem. Sheesh ........ C'mon people.

FD8120FRGUBOX is the boxed P/N.

FD8120FRW8KGU, the numbers on your CPU that came inside your box, is supported by the MB.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    NO! That's not the problem. Sheesh ........ C'mon people.

FD8120FRGUBOX is the boxed P/N.

FD8120FRW8KGU, the numbers on your CPU that came inside your box, is supported by the MB.
    OK, that is good. Here is the profile of the machine: ASROCK 970 Extreme3 motherboard; FX 8120 (FD8120FRGUBOX) CPU; GALAXY GeForce 210 1GB display card; AVEXIR DDR3-1333C9 8GB memory; Western digital AD blue WD10ezex 1TB hard drive. Windows XP 64 bit operating system (Service Pack 3), IE 8.0 and Office programs installed only. Is any possible conflict?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike20121225 View Post
    Windows XP 64 bit operating system (Service Pack 3), ......... . Is any possible conflict?
    Heck yea there's a conflict.

You're running an operating system that never existed. Or more succinctly an illegal and hacked XP x64 Service Pack 3.

Microsoft put out XP x64 SP2 as the last update to XP x64, and that was it. There never was an SP3.

Heaven only knows what problems you're suffering from with that installed.

Good luck.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Chozo4 is offline Junior Member

From what I'd wager - it boils down to lack of hardware support due to XP x64's poor implementation of the 64bit architecture out of the box. While XP64 did officially exist... Service Pack 3 for XP64 never did. If you must use Windows XP - have you considered using the 32bit version at all? Can get the ram past 4gb back using Gavotte Ramdisk to slap the rest of the ram together as a ram-based swap file. Only other alternative for an 'XP'-like system for more than 4gb ram normally is to look into buying Server 2003 x32 or x64 (Not the standard version) which is the essentially the same platform and supports up to 512gb ram for both 32bit and 64bit.

Have you updated your bios as well? There may be a newer version with updates for your CPU.
    PC: 'Scarab' - Model#'s+More
    ...Sometimes I'm scatterbrained and have trouble collecting my thoughts in a post.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Heck yea there's a conflict.

You're running an operating system that never existed. Or more succinctly an illegal and hacked XP x64 Service Pack 3.

Microsoft put out XP x64 SP2 as the last update to XP x64, and that was it. There never was an SP3.

Heaven only knows what problems you're suffering from with that installed.

Good luck.
    Sorry,it was a typo. It is Service Pack 2. You are right, no Windows XP 64 bit service pack 3 yet. Any help?

Kornivsky is offline Junior Member

Check your HDD for errors...

Quote Originally Posted by Chozo4 View Post
    From what I'd wager - it boils down to lack of hardware support due to XP x64's poor implementation of the 64bit architecture out of the box. While XP64 did officially exist... Service Pack 3 for XP64 never did. If you must use Windows XP - have you considered using the 32bit version at all? Can get the ram past 4gb back using Gavotte Ramdisk to slap the rest of the ram together as a ram-based swap file. Only other alternative for an 'XP'-like system for more than 4gb ram normally is to look into buying Server 2003 x32 or x64 (Not the standard version) which is the essentially the same platform and supports up to 512gb ram for both 32bit and 64bit.

Have you updated your bios as well? There may be a newer version with updates for your CPU.
    The problem has been solved by upgraded to Vista. you are right the XP 64 bit is poor implementation of the 64bit architecture on the board. I believe that it will be better if upgraded to Windows 7 or 8.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information