Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ASRock FM2A85X Extreme6 FM2 AMD A85X (Hudson D4) will not boot at all

Rocketman is offline Junior Member

Default ASRock FM2A85X Extreme6 FM2 AMD A85X (Hudson D4) will not boot at all

I have just completed an upgrade to my PC. I say upgrade but all I re-used was my Thermaltake Soprano case and the Thermaltake 480W Silent Pure Power PS from my last machine. When I apply power to the new build I get a power LED, the Dr. Debug LED and a red ClrCMOS LED on the connector panel on the back of the PC/Mobo. The Dr. Debug shows the following sequence of codes 67-10-15-26-36-4F. The 4F code remains lit for about 2 seconds then this code sequence starts over again and repeats until I power the machine down. The 4F code seems to indicate that there is a problem with the CPU or memory and that I should reseat the CPU and RAM, clear the CMOS and then restart the PC. I have tried that and the problem persists. I get no video at all during any of this and there are no beeps to indicate any POST completion of issues.

I have tried the RAM modules is the A1-B1 and A2-B2 slots and separately in the A1 slot and the B1 slot. I get a Dr. Debug code of 10 but still no video or sounds. I have tried the configuration below without the Main SSD drive with no luck. The 12v ATX connector is a 4-pin rather than an 8-pin. Is it possible that I have that plugged in incorrectly? I believe that it is plugged in in the correct holes according to the manual.

Please help. I am listing my computer configuration below.

Mobo: ASRock FM2A85x Extreme6
    CPU: AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz model AD580KWOHJBOX
    CPU Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40
    RAM: G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)
    Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR
    Main HD: Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F90GBGT-BK 2.5" 90GB SATA III Internal (SSD)

Default Re: ASRock FM2A85X Extreme6 FM2 AMD A85X (Hudson D4) will not boot at all

Well, going by the MB illustration and the ATX12V note further down the manual it appears the 4pin should be plugged into the lower 4 holes, the 4 nearest the cpu.

My guess is you're butting heads with the memory you have there. Do you get any better results using one stick in A2 or B2?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Default Re: ASRock FM2A85X Extreme6 FM2 AMD A85X (Hudson D4) will not boot at all

I have verified that the 4-pin ATX12V connector is plugged into the correct side if the 8-pin connector. That is keyed so it is not possible to plug it in incorrectly. Thank you. I have tried the RAM sticks one at a time in both the A2, B2, A1 and B1 slots. I still get no video, no POST beeps and the same Dr. Debug codes 67-10-15-26-36-4F in that order. The Dr. Debug just cycles through those codes over and over.

It does seem that others have had issues with the G. Skill Sniper Series 1866 speed RAM.
    Last edited by Rocketman; 12-27-2012 at 05:55 AM.

You or a friend have any other DDR3 to test the board and cpu with?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Unfortunately, I do not have access to another CPU or DDR3 RAM. Normally that would have been my next step.

And while you re-seated the cpu you inspected for bent/missing pins?

Also, it's worth looking that the clear cmos jumper is on the proper pins 1 and 2.

Great suggestions Wardog. I will check those things as soon as I return home this evening.

Well I checked the CMOS Clear jumpers and they are set correctly. I did try clearing the CMOS and tried both RAM sticks one at a time in each of the 4 RAM slots. The same Dr. Debug code sequence repeated over and over again just as it always has. I checked the CPU for bent pins under a a magnifier and found none. At this point I think it is safe to say that I need to begin the RMA process on parts. I still have not heard back from ASRock support so I am thinking that I may start with the motherboard. This is not the kind of support I would expect from a vendor who wants to make a positive impact in the computing world.

I have built 10's of computers over the years and never experienced problems like this. I have also never experienced total silence from a vendor when I have had a question of any kind. I run the IT shop for an aerospace company with 1000's of computers that I have perasonally supported over the years. Say what you want to about Dell but I get immediate response from their support and have replacement parts on my dock the next day even if I put in a replacement request by 3:00pm in the afternoon.

Mustash is offline Junior Member

Lordie Rocketman
    I just bought an almost identical rig down to a Thermaltake case.
    I bought from NewEgg and ordered the board/processor on 12/26. I've had that for going on 4 days.
    I bought the G=skill Sniper 1866 on 12/23 and they didn't ship 'till 12/27! It won't arrive 'till 1/4.
    I'm the proud owner of a door stop.
    I'm friggin' furious!

I'm afraid I can't be of much help to you yet, but I will say:
    1. NewEgg suggested the Sniper RAM w/ the board
    2. There were a couple of user reviews that said Sniper worked w/this rig
    3. There was some talk that the RAM is not natively detected @ 1866 & must be OC'd
    4. There's damn little out there about this setup unlike the Intel ver of the extreme6
    5. I got the impression that the X77? Intel version may be buggy
    6. The available reviews for the FM2 85X were great

I don't know much but looking at your Dr. Debug codes, it appears that they predominately point to memory. If that's the case, there is no way to determine which memory the good Dr. is referring to. It's a shame, and shameful that ASRock's Tech support remains silent on this issue.

I know none of this is useful to you since the confounded thing won't boot. I can only hope that this rig won't be a real PITA for us both.

If anyone has a Dr. Debug chart that's better than Asrock's "take 2 aspirins & rip out your CPU" approach I sure would like to see it. It's Gotta be out there somewhere.

FYI here's a pretty good review with some OC tips. ASRock FM2A85X Extreme6 FM2 Motherboard

Best of Luck & Happy New Year to all!
    Last edited by Mustash; 01-01-2013 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Ad a line or 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Well I checked the CMOS Clear jumpers and they are set correctly. I did try clearing the CMOS and tried both RAM sticks one at a time in each of the 4 RAM slots. The same Dr. Debug code sequence repeated over and over again just as it always has. I checked the CPU for bent pins under a a magnifier and found none. At this point I think it is safe to say that I need to begin the RMA process on parts. I still have not heard back from ASRock support so I am thinking that I may start with the motherboard. This is not the kind of support I would expect from a vendor who wants to make a positive impact in the computing world.

I have built 10's of computers over the years and never experienced problems like this. I have also never experienced total silence from a vendor when I have had a question of any kind. I run the IT shop for an aerospace company with 1000's of computers that I have perasonally supported over the years. Say what you want to about Dell but I get immediate response from their support and have replacement parts on my dock the next day even if I put in a replacement request by 3:00pm in the afternoon.
    Rocketman, do you have any updates on your progress here? I have been having the same exact issue. Was it the motherboard that needed to be RMA'd?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information