Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Just built system 970 EXTREME4 can't boot error 0x19

Default Just built system 970 EXTREME4 can't boot error 0x19

I just got all my parts a few days ago and put together my computer except I can't get any video output period and can't really figure out what's going on since i don't have any extra parts around.

I picked up an

ASRock 970 EXTREME4 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
    AMD FX-8150 Zambezi 3.6GHz (3.9GHz/4.2GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor with Liquid Cooling Kit FD8150FRGUWOX
    GIGABYTE GV-R787OC-2GD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
    G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR

I've got everything hooked up correctly, and try to boot it up and all the mobo lights up with is the 19 error code, I get no bios or anything. All my fans and water cooling unit and led's etc come on. I tried taking out the ram completely and 19 is still the only thing to come up, tried reseating my ram and gpu, tried it with only 1 stick of ram and everything still returns 19.

Default Re: Just built system 970 EXTREME4 can't boot error 0x19

Hello and Welcome.

And you're using what PSU?

Concerning your liquid cooling kit. The 3-pin POWER connector leading from the pump must be attached to either the MB's CPUFAN_1 or the CPUFAN_2 header. I can't find a manual for the included pump and am going by THIS guide to determine what goes where on this particular kit.

Is it doing this with just the mb, ram, cpu, cooler, and vid card, with nothing else card or cable wise plugged into/onto the MB's headers or slots?

Have you pulled the cpu and inspected it closely for bent/missing pins?
    Last edited by - wardog -; 12-28-2012 at 05:33 PM. Reason: change fan to POWER
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Concerning your liquid cooling kit. The 3-pin fan connector leading from the pump must be attached to either the MB's CPUFAN_1 or the CPUFAN_2 header.
    Errr... that should read

Concerning your liquid cooling kit. The 3-pin POWER connector leading from the pump must be attached to either the MB's CPUFAN_1 or the CPUFAN_2 header.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Errr... that should read

Concerning your liquid cooling kit. The 3-pin POWER connector leading from the pump must be attached to either the MB's CPUFAN_1 or the CPUFAN_2 header.

The psu i'm using is a

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply

I did try it without the hd or dvd drive etc plugged in and the same thing occured, I do have my water cooler plugged into the header. It comes on and the fans run and the led on the water cooler that screws onto processor fires up and works I can feel how cold the.... radiator I guess it would be called gets. I'm going to try taking off all the headers attached to the mobo tonight when I get time and try it then.

I removed both sticks of ram and powered it up, not sure if this tells you anything or not but it still just pops up with 19 as soon as the motherboard is powered up even without ram in it. Does this motherboard have an onboard speaker on it? I looked and didn't see one and didn't see it in my manual but i'm not 100% sure it doesn't have one.

Last if I have no luck with those things, I'll make sure nothing on my cpu is bent pin wise. Then last I guess I'll breadbox it and if same thing happens I'll rma it.

Is there any chance that perhaps if a riser / whatever you want to call it in my case is in the incorrect spot or not tightened enough etc could that be causing this? That's why I'm going to try to breadbox before an rma if nothing you've suggested works. If the mobo has no speaker on it then that makes it a lot harder to figure out what's wrong, especially since I don't have spare parts around to swap in and out to check and see if I can pinpoint my problem.

Lastly if my mobo has outdated bios would this possibly happen?

Breadboxing is definitely called for here. PITA with the water cooler.

As to whether you have a metal standoff in an incorrect spot that is maybe causing this only you can tell. Common sense says to not have any extra metal standoffs under the MB. One standoff and screw per MB mounting hole.

Yes I've read posts where someone over tightened mounting screws. Not quite sure how that can be done but apparently some people have managed to do it. After all, it's not like we're tightening lug nuts on our vehicle. It's a motherboard for heavens sake.

And yes, updating the bios may help.

You didn't end up with any extra mounting parts when you installed the water cooler did you? You shouldn't have.

I had no extra parts period, I know I got my water cooler etc hooked up 100% correctly. I'm going to breadbox it within the next 2-3 days and if it's a nogo i'm going to rma it. I'm pretty sure something is wrong with my mobo honestly. My friends I've talked to pretty much seem to agree it's most likely an issue with it. I know I had no standoff's in the incorrect spot, like 99% sure.

Anyway as soon as I have the time, which I hate this time of the year -.- I'm going to breadbox it and if it still shows up with 19 I'm rma'ing it. I should still have 1-2 weeks left to rma it if not at least I'm only out around 100 usd. If I have to get a different mobo I think I'm going to just choose a different brand honestly :\ Kinda sucks not having an oboard plugin for a monitor and not having spare parts around incase I have a gpu issue it kinda makes the computer useless if mine would ever go bad.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. Biggest pain in breadbox is just going to be reattaching water cooler and and removing fans and stuff off case for it / boxing it back up and shipping it out if I need to rma it.

Kornivsky is offline Junior Member

Make sure your GPU is seated correctly.
    Try to start PC without GPU,then turn it off. Then put back GPU and try to start it again.

Thread Information