Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 1394 INVALID in CMOS and FLASH

Lpoolshrk is offline Junior Member

Angry 1394 INVALID in CMOS and FLASH

I have the same problem getting tired of pushing the F1 key at start-up !!
    Could someone please help me with this

Asrock Conroe xfire-esata2
    Bios P2.10
    CPU LGA 3.40
    (2) 1024 mb / 200mhz (DDII 400)
    WDC WD 800 JD
    WDC WD 800 BB

Default Re: 1394 INVALID in CMOS and FLASH

Hello and Welcome.

This error ""1394 GUID are invalid in both CMOS and flash. Press F1 to resume"" ?

If that's the error then I believe, not being an ASRock Tech myself, what you want to use is THIS.

Inside the zip is self explanatory. Read the Readme.doc and look at the jpg. On your board the location of the set of numbers may be different that pictured.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Lpoolshrk is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Hello and Welcome.

This error ""1394 GUID are invalid in both CMOS and flash. Press F1 to resume"" ?

If that's the error then I believe, not being an ASRock Tech myself, what you want to use is THIS.

Inside the zip is self explanatory. Read the Readme.doc and look at the jpg. On your board the location of the set of numbers may be different that pictured.

I done as instructed but at boot up im getting a romove disks or other media press key to continue ?

Kornivsky is offline Junior Member

How about if you try to set BIOS to it's default settings? Have you checked boot devices? Do you have any usb flash connected to PC?

I suggest you send a PM to "ASRock TSD - Emily" using THIS link and in the PM provide a link to this thread.

Or at a minimum explain in the PM your problem so that she may assist you further.

As I stated in my first post I don't know where your FW GUID is printed on this particular MB but I have a feeling in reading your reply after using the tool that you input the wrong set of numbers. Have no fear as I believe this is easily remedied when the correct set of numbers is input.

Let us know how it goes after she responds.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Thank you! This worked for me. I messed up my bios upgrade several months back and kept getting errors so i bought a new bios online which came today. After installing on my ASROCK P67 Extreme4, i started getting this same exact error. Nothing worked except for your file with instructions.

I created a bootable floppy using an external floppy usb drive. I copied over the file. I then typed in FWGUID and pressed "enter". I then saw the commands where it would read my FWGUID number (my motherboard did not have the yellow sticker as mentioned). But it found the 16 digit number and i wrote it down. I then went and did again: FWGUID C xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (that is spaces after the fwguid and c and xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) and then again, "enter".

I got the command that it was entered successfully.

I'm now able to boot and all errors are gone.

Thank you again for posting this. I did send a PM to Emily via this forum but who knows how long it may be until one hears a reply considering it's a Friday. So I took a chance on your post and it really worked. Thank you again.

P67 Extreme4 ASROCk is my board. I type this again with the hopes that Google will scan and pick up this thread for this MB as it did for the error in general to help others.

Terster

Thread Information