Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: New built PC - shut downs

Default New built PC - shut downs

Just built a PC with the following specs

ASRock 970 EXTREME3 AM3+ motherboard
    AMD 965 BE CPU
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) ram
    EVGA 550 ti

Everything seems to be running okay except for a problem I'm having, anytime I unplug/plug something in to the rear ports I immediately lose my display and my PC shuts down. It wont turn on until I fidget with something, such as unplug the power supply and plug it back in. The front ports work fine, I've used the headphone jack and USB ports, however for example I unplugged my speakers from the back yesterday and had this problem, then the next night I plugged an HDMI cord into a pci card and it did the exact same thing.

Kornivsky is offline Junior Member

Default Re: New built PC - shut downs

Have you tried to flash bios to newest version? Make sure you flash bios to newest version and make first boot...then shut your PC down and clear CMOS! Also make sure you have installed all needed drivers correctly and your motherboard is not moving,when you try to plug something inside. Make sure you have filled all the places with screws,same goes to GPU,make sure it's seated correctly and there is no way, it can move..
    Then you should be good to go!
    BIOS versions - ASRock > 970 Extreme3

Thread Information