Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ASRock ConRoe1333-GLAN and Gigabyte GeForce GT 630

steazy is offline Junior Member

Default Re: ASRock ConRoe1333-GLAN and Gigabyte GeForce GT 630

Error in Device Manager: Code 12: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use

I cut off almost everything, leaving only the hard drive, video card, memory strip 1gb - useless.

I do not understand why the tech support ignores my problem ...

Quote Originally Posted by steazy View Post
    Error in Device Manager: Code 12: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use

I cut off almost everything, leaving only the hard drive, video card, memory strip 1gb
    What you did there, "cut off almost everything, leaving only the hard drive, video card, memory strip 1gb" , is not going to help you when you see that error code.

That error is stating the system as currently set up does not have enough free IRQ and or DMA addresses to also accommodate this 630 GT card.

You need to disable in the bios any onboard hw devices you are not using or need. Things like COM/Serial port, Parallel port, IDE and Floppy controller, Onboard audio(?), Onboard Lan(?), Infrared port, MIDI port, and anything else in the bios that takes/uses system resources.

Also, if you've populated the PCI and or PCI-e slots with additional add-in cards remember they too will consume valuable system resources.

And the screenshot you provided is inaccessible from my end resulting in an error when I try and view it. I notified the webmaster(?) using the link/form offered on the offending screen but have yet to see it fixed.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    What you did there, "cut off almost everything, leaving only the hard drive, video card, memory strip 1gb" , is not going to help you when you see that error code.

That error is stating the system as currently set up does not have enough free IRQ and or DMA addresses to also accommodate this 630 GT card.

You need to disable in the bios any onboard hw devices you are not using or need. Things like COM/Serial port, Parallel port, IDE and Floppy controller, Onboard audio(?), Onboard Lan(?), Infrared port, MIDI port, and anything else in the bios that takes/uses system resources.

Also, if you've populated the PCI and or PCI-e slots with additional add-in cards remember they too will consume valuable system resources.

And the screenshot you provided is inaccessible from my end resulting in an error when I try and view it. I notified the webmaster(?) using the link/form offered on the offending screen but have yet to see it fixed.
    Disable all that you have written and even more - all the same.

^

synack is offline Member

Quick question, do you have BOTH cards installed at the same time? or just one?

Quote Originally Posted by synack View Post
    Quick question, do you have BOTH cards installed at the same time? or just one?
    pci-e x16 connector is just one

^

synack is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by steazy View Post
    pci-e x16 connector is just one
    So the video card is working then? Otherwise you would not be able to get into windows and into the device manager and then the device to see the resource conflict.
    Which would mean that it installed the drivers to have a resource conflict?

if you "show hidden" from XP device manager, can you remove the old video card driver/definition? I bet that is where the conflict is coming from.

Maybe a screenshot of the device manager would help those of us confused as to what the problem is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information