Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey everybody, pretty big problem here

BigDaveRS is offline Junior Member

Question Hey everybody, pretty big problem here

I built my own pc and it hasnt been without its "events". (ill probably never do it again lol)

Motherboard is ASROCK H77 PRO4-M

After installing windows and then the drivers from the motherboard disc my pc restarts and comes up with the following error after boot menu - Generate Serial Ata Driver diskette? [Y/N]

If i type y it restarts
    If i type N it restarts.

It's happened the 2 times ive tried to install drivers from the motherboard CD (which i need if i want the internet lol)

All help is greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

Kornivsky is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Hey everybody, pretty big problem here

Do you have a floppy drive with a floppy disk? If not, that would explain why it's not working.
    Make sure you have power cable connected to the harddrive(HDD)!

BigDaveRS is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kornivsky View Post
    Do you have a floppy drive with a floppy disk? If not, that would explain why it's not working.
    Make sure you have power cable connected to the harddrive(HDD)!
    I Do not have a floppy drive and there is a sata power cable connected to the hard drive

parsec is offline Senior Member

That message is not really an error. It seems like you installed everything from the boards disk, including the program for creating a driver disk for loading a driver when installing Windows.

Do you still have the driver disk in the DVD drive? If so, take it out and restart.

You may need to clear the CMOS to stop that program from running. Afterwards you'll be asked to load defaults or go into the BIOS and set things up as you did previously.

Also, get into the BIOS, and check the boot order. Your OS drive should be first, not your optical drive at this point.

If all that doesn't work, restart and when it asks to create the disk, put a CDR in the drive and let it make the disk. That should stop it from running again, but so the steps above first.

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Do you still have the driver disk in the DVD drive? If so, take it out and restart.
    Jackpot!

The Support CD causes this. No other actions req'd other than removing it while booting.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Thanks, I hope so.

So what did I win? Who says 2013 is an unlucky year?

Kornivsky is offline Junior Member

How support disc can do this?
    I never had something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kornivsky View Post
    How support disc can do this?
    I never had something like this.
    Well, seeings you haven't filled in your system specs in your profile I can't begin to say if your CD does or not. Put it in there and see I guess.

But the ASRock boards I've had the opportunity to "play' with recently all have the bootable CD feature that allows the user to create a AHCI driver disk from it.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    So what did I win?
    I dunno. Instruction on how to place your CD and possibly a USB device ahead of the HDD in your boot order?

wardog, Priceless!!!

Kornivsky, how does the disk do that? Easy.

If the DVD drive is first in the boot order, with the boards disk in it, the disks main control/installation program is run, and discovers it is not being run in Windows, since Windows has not started yet. So that program assumes there is no OS installed, and it does the ONLY thing it can do when it is not run in Windows, run the program to create a driver installation disk, which it did. That is the correct thing to do in that situation.

Of course, the DVD drive should not be first in the boot order if disks are just left in it. The result could be much worse than what happened in this case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information