Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ASRock VisionX 321B - Graphics card problem?

Default Re: ASRock VisionX 321B - Graphics card problem?

Quote Originally Posted by happycamperN View Post
    I've been running 13.1 for about 4 days now. While streaming Hulu on IE, there is still some micro-stuttering during the videos, but when switching to ads, there are frequent pauses in the sound and video. One time there was pixelation and sound corruption, with recovery after a couple-second pause. When the stream returns from commercial to the main video, the playback is normal, but still with some slight stuttering at times. It seems like there has been a slight improvement in the micro-stuttering, but the pauses during commercial playback are very irritating.
    What is your feeling. Does this problem have with the graphics drivers to do?

/Teacer

Quote Originally Posted by Teacer View Post
    What is your feeling. Does this problem have with the graphics drivers to do?

/Teacer
    At this point I can only hope it is a driver issue. The fact that every driver from AMD behaves differently seems to support this. I just recently learned that the HD7000 series GPUs are the first in a completely new architecture from AMD. The AMD marketing blurb on Graphics Core Next (GCN) is here:

GCN Architecture

A friend of mine at work who has a previous version of ASRock HTPC sent me this information in an email.

AMD might be paying more attention to drivers now. There was a frame latency problem that was in the news very recently. It was from the perspective of games, but it might also affect streaming, not sure. These were the articles:
    Driver Update Addresses Radeon Frame Latency Issues - Slashdot
    AMD Tweaking Radeon Drivers To Reduce Frame Latency Spikes - Slashdot

AMD mentioned stuff like this, which likely affects recent chips (from the article):
    The most intriguing revelation in Baumann's correspondence, though, concerns one specific technical contributor to the frame latency problems on HD 7000-series Radeons based on the GCN architecture: less-than-optimal memory management in software.
    Additionally, when we switched from the old VLIW architecture to the GCN core there was a significant updates to all parts of the driver was needed although not really spoken about the entire memory management on GCN is different to prior GPU's and the initial software management for that was primarily driven by schedule and in the meantime we've been rewriting it again and we have discovered that the new version has also improved frame latency in a number of cases so we are accelerating the QA and implementation of that.

So it seems we may be caught in the middle of a fiasco that nobody is willing to take ownership of.

Bummer!

Hi
    Him having the same problems. I downloaded the beta version 12.11 and tried to install it but I'm not sure it installed an some one run me through how to install it (its a RAR)
    i couldn't find version 13.1 any where
    Mine runs very hot and I thought that was the problem

Thanks Dean

parsec is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by happycamperN View Post
    At this point I can only hope it is a driver issue...

So it seems we may be caught in the middle of a fiasco that nobody is willing to take ownership of.

Bummer!
    AMD is not the only one with driver issues, Nvidia has some very basic driver issues with their last several releases. I have never seen problems like the ones I've seen now, like failures to install (Windows restarting during the installation), or black screens on the restart after the driver installation. Video card forums have many posts about this. I've had two new Nvidia 660 based cards just fail to work after these driver installation failures... or it is just the card itself. I've never seen issues like this in the past.

I wonder if the strong competition between AMD and Nvidia is causing them to rush hardware and software to the marketplace, and we suffer because of that.

So has any one had any success with changing the driver?

Tried to shut it down and windows just kept restarting, had to force it to shut down
    Now in local repair shop for a check over

Tried to shut it down and windows just kept restarting, had to force it to shut down
    Now in local repair shop for a check over

Just got it back from the shop, driver upgraded and 20 mins blank screen
    I sent ASROCK support an email 2 weeks ago and am still waiting a reply
    Not sure what to do now

Hi there,
    Same problem. Did you found any solution ? How did your solve the problem ? Please help !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information