Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASRock 970 EXTREME3 Bios Upgrade Now It Won't Post

Default ASRock 970 EXTREME3 Bios Upgrade Now It Won't Post

I upgraded my ASRock bios last night to the most current bios. Everything in the process went fine and the bios upgrade completed. It told me to press any key to reboot the system so I did and ever since the motherboard no longer posts. There are no beeps from the motherboard and the screen stays blacked out not receiving a signal. I've done bios updates numerous times over the years and never had a problem like this. I tried taking out the ram just to see if I could hear a beep or get some signal that the board is dead but nothing. The board powers up but beyond that I have no response from it. Is there some way that I can recover this board or anything else that I can try out to revive it? This is my vmware box and it is very important that I bring it back online, thank you.

Kornivsky is offline Junior Member

Default Re: ASRock 970 EXTREME3 Bios Upgrade Now It Won't Post

You didn't mention anything about CMOS!
    Please make sure you restart CMOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornivsky View Post
    You didn't mention anything about CMOS!
    Please make sure you restart CMOS!
    I cleared the CMOS for about 5 minutes but I am still getting the same response. Any other ideas?

Kornivsky is offline Junior Member

Can you list all your system specs?
    I had something similar! I taked out and reseated all system specs also tried another GPU and whola,it worked. Then putted all back to other case,while putting back my old GPU and all worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kornivsky View Post
    Can you list all your system specs?
    I had something similar! I taked out and reseated all system specs also tried another GPU and whola,it worked. Then putted all back to other case,while putting back my old GPU and all worked fine.
    32 GB GSkill Ram, Radeon 4750, Phenom II 955, Seagate 5900 drive. I tried unhooking everything and still get the same result. The system powers on but there is no bios beep and nothing on the screen. I also cleared the cmos and took the battery out for 10 minutes or so. Even booting with no ram it still doesn't beep.

Thread Information