Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M: TV Tuner not working after sleep, doesn't work until cold boot (off for at least 10 seconds)

Default Re: ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M: TV Tuner not working after sleep, doesn't work until cold boot (off for at least 10 seconds)

Dear all,

I checked this issue with TV card vendor Hauppage, this issue maybe related to the TV card HVR-2200/2250.
    For this issue, please kindly refer to below link to contact Hauppauge for assist directly.
    Link: Hauppauge Computer Works: Contact

Please provide the reversion of TV card and your location for them and they will help to check it.
    Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

pedeb is offline Junior Member

Default Re: ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M: TV Tuner not working after sleep, doesn't work until cold boot (off for at least 10 seconds)

Just did the bios update to 1.5a but it must have reset my windows 7 password.

Does ASRock change the password?

My mistake...I thought hitting the num lock key once got rid of it but needed for every keystroke for combination letter/number key!!!!

bretski is offline Junior Member

Hello,

I am having this exact same problem with a Hauppauge 1800 PCI tuner card. I logged an incident via the link provided on page one of the thread. I hope to receive a copy of the 1.50a BIOS revision soon, and will report back if it solves my problem.

I also have an AverMedia Duet card installed in this HTPC, and have no issues with that card. Only the Hauppauge card disappears at random after resuming from S3 sleep. Similar to what the OP posted, the only way I can get the card to be re-recognized by windows is to remove power from the PC, wait a minute, plug back and and reboot. This has been an extremely frustrating problem to track down; I'm very glad to have found this thread, and hopefully the BIOS revision will help!

The bios update did not solve the problem for me.....ASRock are still working on it (I hope), they have to wait to get the same tuner card from Compro.
    I have the exact Compro card in my desktop computer and works perfectly (Intel mobo). I have swapped the tuner cards between pc & htpc, but the problem is with the ASRock mobo interfacing with Compro tuner card.
    The problem is very frustrating as the problem is very random and you never know for sure if it is going to record your favorite TV shows after coming out of S3 sleep.!!!
    ASRock also advised me to to change the PCIe speed on mobo from Auto to gen 1. This did not solve the problem either.
    I hope the bios update works for you.

^ Thanks for the additional info, particularly about the PCIe setting in BIOS. I got a call from my wife that the tuner disappeared again, had her do a cold boot, but the card did not re-appear. Pulled everything apart last night, reseated the card, still didn't come back. I then saw your reply about switching the PCIe speed to Gen1, and it came back to life (at least for now)! :-)

Waiting on a reply from ASUS support about the BIOS update; hope to receive that soon...

-Bret

I applied the updated BIOS early in the week, and *so far*, the tuner has not disappeared coming out of sleep. I should also note that my board is a Pro 4-M, not an Extreme. In my mind, I thought mine was an Extreme 4-M .

Keeping my fingers crossed that this took care of the issue for the Hauppauge card. Thanks all for the assistance!

therube is offline Member

> updated BIOS ... I should also note that my board is a Pro 4-M

What BIOS version did you start with, & what version did you update to?

Quote Originally Posted by therube View Post
    >What BIOS version did you start with, & what version did you update to?
    I had the latest installed (1.90) to start with. If you send a message to ASRock support, they have a beta build available (1.90C) that incorporates the fix. That's what I'm currently running.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information