Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M: TV Tuner not working after sleep, doesn't work until cold boot (off for at least 10 seconds)

Markss is offline Junior Member

Exclamation ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M: TV Tuner not working after sleep, doesn't work until cold boot (off for at least 10 seconds)

Hi all, I have recently built a Win8 HTPC and am having trouble with the TV Tuner: Hauppage HVR 2200 being unavailable after the system resumes from sleep. This card has been tested and working in another system. The only way I can get it to detect again is to power off the system including removing the power cord for 10 seconds or so before rebooting

I am using an ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M motherboard, Windows 8 is otherwise fine.

It is causing no end of frustration and I was wondering if there is anything that I should or could be doing to resolve this?

I have spent a lot of time scouring the internet for an answer and did find mention of a post involving another ASRock motherboard which had a similar issue which was resolved by a BIOS update. This is an example of the problem only being fixed with a bios update: Help Hauppauge HVR 2200 hardware not recognised

Oh, and another question I can't seem to get a reading on the CPU temps with the ASRock Extreme Tuning Utility ver:0.1.251, it just doesn't seem to show the CPU temp - is there something I am doing wrong?

Cheers
    Mark

Default Re: ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M: TV Tuner not working after sleep, doesn't work until cold boot (off for at least 10 seconds)

Ok, I hope this is helpful to the ASROCK people who read this forum (I hope they read this forum as their support page sent me here).

I have found the thread I referred to, where ASROCK patched the BIOS to resolve a sleep issue with a TV Tuner card:
    HVR 2200 PCIe no longer wakes from sleep

08-11-2012 12:03 PM
    Just back to report...

The latest beta BIOS provided by ASRock has been working flawlessly.

So it seems that ASRock made a change to the "Asrock Z68 Pro 3, Bios v2.10" around November last year to address this issue. Is it possible that someone from ASROCK could apply the same corrections to the Z77 Extreme4-M ?

Thanks

Default Re: ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M: TV Tuner not working after sleep, doesn't work until cold boot (off for at least 10 seconds)

This seems to be the place to talk to myself.

An update on this, ASRock have sent me an updated bios which after 4 days of solid HTPC testing has resolved the issue. I have advised them via email that it has resolved the issue (so far).

Quote Originally Posted by Markss View Post
    This seems to be the place to talk to myself.

An update on this, ASRock have sent me an updated bios which after 4 days of solid HTPC testing has resolved the issue. I have advised them via email that it has resolved the issue (so far).
    can you get the hvr-2200, working in the pci-e x16 ports with this update?

Quote Originally Posted by shiney2512 View Post
    can you get the hvr-2200, working in the pci-e x16 ports with this update?
    They asked me to put it in PCIE Slot 1, which isn't my preferred slot, I'd prefer to put it in Slot 2. I have asked them what's next and await a reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Markss View Post
    They asked me to put it in PCIE Slot 1, which isn't my preferred slot, I'd prefer to put it in Slot 2. I have asked them what's next and await a reply!
    I've tried all of the pcie x16 slots, and i cannot get to work, but it will work in the pcie x1 slot no problems. l'm running bios version 1.50, is there another beta bios out? where can i get it from! l want to be able to run 2 x hvr-2200 at once! if I cannot get this sorted out I might start looking for another motherboard!

Quote Originally Posted by shiney2512 View Post
    I've tried all of the pcie x16 slots, and i cannot get to work, but it will work in the pcie x1 slot no problems. l'm running bios version 1.50, is there another beta bios out? where can i get it from! l want to be able to run 2 x hvr-2200 at once! if I cannot get this sorted out I might start looking for another motherboard!
    I received it from support, I am not willing to forward it around at this stage in case they have done something unusual. When I logged a call via the support page, I referenced my post here - not sure if that helped.

pedeb is offline Junior Member

I have a similar problem. I have just built a HTPC too, same mobo bios 1.5, different tuner (compro E750) and does not recognise tuner after coming out of hibernate sleep.

When you say you logged a call via the support page, can you be more specific as I not sure of the support page.

Regards
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by pedeb View Post
    I have a similar problem. I have just built a HTPC too, same mobo bios 1.5, different tuner (compro E750) and does not recognise tuner after coming out of hibernate sleep.

When you say you logged a call via the support page, can you be more specific as I not sure of the support page.

Regards
    Peter
    Log your fault with asrock tech support ASRock > Support Request Form

usually takes a day or two for them to reply, they will email you a copy of the latest beta bios 1.5a, which fixed the issue on the hvr-2200 cards(hopeful it will fix yours as well)

So the 1.50a update didn't resolve it for my card outside of Slot1. After direction from ASRock support who advised me of a specific issue with certain board revisions on the HVR-2200's.

So basically it is/was replace the very old HVR-2200 or leave it in Slot1.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information