Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock extreme 4-m pci-e x16 issue

Default Asrock extreme 4-m pci-e x16 issue

l've just finished an htpc build with this motherboard and l'm having trouble getting a second hvr-2200 tuner in a pci-e x16 slot working.(it won't detect in any of the 3 pci-e x 16 slots except the other pci-e x1 slot(which has the other hvr-2200 card, running with no problems), is it possible to install a pci-e x1 card in a pci-e x16 slot (running at pci-e x1 speed of course), on this motherboard? My Current build is i3-3225 cpu, Asrock extreme 4-m, 2x4gb corsair vengeance ram, two hvr 2200 tuner cards (both tested and working fine on another system), using on board graphics card, and windows 8 OS (windows media centre enabled).

Markss is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Asrock extreme 4-m pci-e x16 issue

Your problem sounds similar to mine.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/5...tml#post447670

what happens if you pull the power for 15 seconds after a shutdown? Will it detect then?

It seems there is some sort of weird compatibility issue with these boards and this card.

Default Re: Asrock extreme 4-m pci-e x16 issue

Quote Originally Posted by Markss View Post
    Your problem sounds similar to mine.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/5...tml#post447670

what happens if you pull the power for 15 seconds after a shutdown? Will it detect then?

It seems there is some sort of weird compatibility issue with these boards and this card.
    which pci-e slot do you have the card inserted on? Mine works fine on pci-e x1 slot, but I cannot get it work on any of the pci-e x16 slots.

Thread Information