Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ASRock Support? Really?

Mustash is offline Junior Member

Default Re: ASRock Support? Really?

There's nothing to put aside for me parsec.
    I still feel the same way I did in the original post.
    I'm deeply relieved that we cleared that up.
    I only hope that the users that contacted you privately will read your post and stop seeing me as some 11yo throwing a tantrum.

I fully intend to contact someone at ASRock today. Either the really don't care (doubtful) or something is slipping by them. Hell it happened to AMD with their bulldozer core and it still may rip the whole company down.

That was Marketing & the head got the ax.

In my view the only reason questionable support hasn't done that to ASR (yet) is that the boards under my consideration seem to be a quality, for enthusiasts, and we are an entirely different species of animal.

Am I the only one who gets apoplectic when I get the second canned response to shuffle the memory, check your CPU, clear the CMOS etc when you've already done that as a matter of course and mentioned as much in your support request?

As far as AMI code is concerned, yup, I think there is a better than even chance that Dr. Debug's display has little to do with AMI's original specs. For one thing there are several versions.
    For others, refer to what AMI has to say on the matter.

It's all in the code and AMI has understandably thrown up their hands.

So let me ask my fellow users:
    Who would contact? VP of Marketing? Someone else? Do you think I'm wasting my time and yours?

Keep in mind that simply posting a comprehensive Dr.Debug code list will likely benefit any purchaser with that feature, regardless of your platform, and that better support will benefit everyone.

Have a great day and a better weekend.

Thanks Wardog.
    I haven't tried that option.

Do they speak English?

When I eventually get my RMA'd board back I'll give 'em a try if I need to.

synack is offline Member

Check pgs 46-49 of the Z77 OC formula Manual here. There is an extensive list of Dr Debug codes there.
    Last edited by synack; 01-12-2013 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Added link

kick is offline Senior Member

Tech support.
    Ive been on tweaktown on and off for 4 years now.
    My experience is mainly limited to the Gigabyte and Asrock forums,the Asrock one here is comparatively new,Thats probably because Asrock used to be more oem orientated.
    Sean has gone bye byes and did so very quickly after the forum launch,Emily appears every so often.
    These Asrock "employees" may or may not get cash money for "working" on here, or maybe its like a post of responsibility" or something on the cv.
    Gigabyte ; The main man was Lsdmeasap and when he was here , he responded rapidly to most posts.
    Stasio was mainly concerned with bios updates,many of you will have seen him posting on other sites.Other manufacturer "support forums " on tweaktown Ive no idea on.
    The moderators ProfJim and Wazza300 arecomputer afficionados/experts over all the forums..unpaid dogsbodys if you like.
    I personally wouldnt touch the moderation with a barge pole!
    I like others just post my opinions/personal experience if I think I have something helpfull and or to strut around if I get a decent clock on something.
    There is also an asrock support site based in Germany,which used to be more active/tech orientated than this one.
    This type of "wheres the support?" thread,Ive seen before on tweaktown.
    I suppose the manufacturer links should call them communities really.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Quote Originally Posted by synack View Post
    Check pgs 46-49 of the Z77 OC formula Manual here. There is an extensive list of Dr Debug codes there.
    Thanks Synack
    I have the AMD varient. I know it's a very similar board to the Z77
    Here's what the AMD victims got. (p.41)

Download Files form ASRock Inc.

Do you know if they're the same?
    Last edited by Mustash; 01-12-2013 at 10:50 AM. Reason: change

Thanks for your reply Kick.
    I'm aware that a lot of Mfr don't have stellar support but it seems that there ought to be some actual support for a new roll-out.
    Part of the problem is that the user base is so thin for this board that you can spend a couple of hours searching all these groups and still come up empty handed.
    I know it'll get better 'cause it can't get worse

[EMAIL="mustash7@gmail.com[/EMAIL]
    Lemme start by saying that I never intended to offend you parsec or you wardog.
    This is in response to a very old post.
    I am financially challenged and still three whole years later using my Asrock FM285x extreme 6.
    Recently I experienced a bunch of BSOD's which I managed to control/recover from.
    Now I am getting a "buzz" w/a hesitation with video playback.
    This, along with a number of other things would result in an immediate BSOD.
    Now its just extremely annoying.
    I'm inclined to reinstall drivers...
    Any insight would be deeply appreciated.
    Regards,
    E

I wasn't offended by anything you've done here towards me in this thread.

I can be a bit short in my replies, I know, but I do that to encourage the OP to use their head in figuring it out. I simply toss one or two "pointers' their way and watch were they go with that info.

Mustash, in the immediate above post, is that quoting an old email or are you now yet having difficulties there? Is your PC Specs still current or do they need some touching up to reflect what your system now includes?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

hehehe

Thread Digger
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information