Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Please Cant use My video card on PCI express x16

TTkiraTT is offline Junior Member

Default Help Please Cant use My video card on PCI express x16

Well ill start from the beggining i have this settings Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, Intel I7 2600K Sandy Bridge, Gskill 2133 mhz Dual Channel 4x2gb Memory, Zotac Nvidia Gforce GTX 570 1280MB

The problem started a few days ago.. computer worked fine always my video card used to work perfectly flawless. but now i cant use it i tested with another video card older 1, Nvidia Gforce GTS250 that actually works cuz i have it working it right now in another computer.. well its like the motherboard uses the Onboard video instead of using the PCI Express x16 dnt know if there is some way to actually make it work i already log in into the BIOS and the settings are fine i reseted th CMOS and everything is the same video is not working for the Video card but the onboard is working.... pls i'm desperate motherboard used to work perfect but i dnt know what happened """"help me"""" :(!

Sorry if i did something wrong first time on this forum

Default Re: Help Please Cant use My video card on PCI express x16

Will you list the PSU you have?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Will you list the PSU you have?
    yes i have a Sentey 850 Watts 70 Ap 80plus... computer used to work fine with all my gear just as a week ago, but sunddenly its like the onboard is only working not the video card :S u think maybe that could be the problem? cuz i dnt want to buy a new one and still cant solve the problem :S
    Last edited by TTkiraTT; 01-13-2013 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TTkiraTT View Post
    u think maybe that could be the problem?
    All I wanted was to know the PSU used as your GTX570 can use upwards of ~220w.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    All I wanted was to know the PSU used as your GTX570 can use upwards of ~220w.
    sorry didnt understand :S i'm new at this explain me a bit about that so.. My PSU is bad? :S didnt cath the 220w :S

I was only asking what PSU you're using since it wasn't included in your System Specs.

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

You need to provide a detailed hardware list that includes the brand name and model numbers for ALL of your hardware.
    Look at my posted hardware information to see what information and details you should supply in your PC Specs.

There are at least 5 different Zotac GTX 570 video card models.
    You mentioned in one of your posts that your system suddenly shut down. This might be a power supply problem.
    There are several tests that you can do to determine where the problem is:
    1. Test your video card using the other two pci-e psu power cables if possible.
    2. Test your video card using the other pci-e x16 video card slot to see if your video card works.
    3. Borrow another psu to test with, even a 500 watt psu should power your system at stock speeds.
    4. Test your video card in another computer to see if your GTX 570 works OK.

but now i cant use it i tested with another video card older 1, Nvidia Gforce GTS250 that actually works cuz i have it working it right now in another computer..
    Does this mean that the GTS250 card works in your Z68 Extreme3 pci-e_2 video card slot?

Is this your power supply? SDP850-SS - Sentey How old is your psu?

You should not post in other threads about this problem, post all of your information and test results only in this thread.

I think that your power supply has failed.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

synack is offline Member

Off chance.. did you try to completely remove the Video Card and (including the power connectors to it) and re-seat it back in?
    Have you tried moving the card to the other slot?

What have you done so far to troubleshoot this issue?
    As Wardog and Profjim alluded to, Add-on video cards are very dependent on a good source of power directly from the power supply. Do you have access to a spare Power supply to rule out that issue?

Do you have another video card to try in this system?

How do you know that your video card still works? Do you have another system you tested it in? hopefully you can "borrow" parts from it that you can test here.

Let us know what you find out.

Syn

Well ill answer to you synack since u are most common with the problems, read the other guys answers and always posting the same.. ya i did all what u said, tested them with Different PSU's, 3 Diff Video cards, If its about "5 diff kind of ZOTAC GTX 570" dnt think actually matters really. actually i posted everthing here but since i got no aswers i post i another place seems logical to me :)! the zotac Works flawlesly in a friends house i tested his videocard GTX 560ti and doesnt work on mine :S so ya lol... i really i'm out of idea xD could be the PSU. ill buy a new 1 just in a sec to get the answers :)!

the Gts 250 doesnt work in any Pci-E slot xD same as the GTX none of them work made me laugh the other day xD, i'm happy cuz i know that my video card works i can buy maybe another motherboard ASUS maybe :)
    Last edited by TTkiraTT; 01-22-2013 at 08:55 AM.

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

Did you borrow another power supply to test with your motherboard?
    The goal is be sure which component has failed before you go out and buy replacements that you might not need.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information