Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 990FX Extreme4 with 16Gb Adata DDR3 2000 problem.

Default Re: 990FX Extreme4 with 16Gb Adata DDR3 2000 problem.

Na. 2.0 is as far as I know stable. That and it doesn't appear that you're having any memory issues with 2.0 so the 2.11a isn't it appears any benefit here.

Well, the specs in the pics say they ramp from 1600 to 2000 with the same timings. Only req's playing with their voltage.

Your first post. Did you try changing their voltage? I see timings mentioned but not voltages.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Lord it's been awile since I've been twidling in the 2.00 BIOS.

If I remember 2.00 has an XMP that you can try to set these with. Have you?

I myself prefer manually setting specs.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quietruck is offline Junior Member

I did adjust the time to 1.65 and then to 1.75 according to the sticks specs. I also manually adjusted the timing to fit the factory settings. And I did use the XMP which I think has 2 settings.
    Last edited by Quietruck; 01-17-2013 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quietruck View Post
    With multiple attempts to OC the board freezes and reverts back to 1300 default.
    I didn't forget about ya. Have some things going on here that when they need attention they get attention. Please bear with me.

When you say the above quoted, are you saying Boot Failure Guard is kicking in and doing the reverting? Or is it in fact a "hard' freeze?

Also. You are aware that 4 sticks of 1866 is not "supported' , aren't you?

You'll most likely have to OC the cpu to hit 1866 on the memory.

Quietruck is offline Junior Member

Yes I am Aware of that. The CPU itself does support 1866 and overclocking it should not be a problem. But how to do it is why I came to this forum. Anyway to answer you question. My computer goes int a hard freeze. But that is just a symptom of incorrect overclocking. Do you have any suggestions as to settings with either the ram timing or the CPU or both to reach at least 1866.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information