Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 990FX Extreme4 with 16Gb Adata DDR3 2000 problem.

Quietruck is offline Junior Member

Red face 990FX Extreme4 with 16Gb Adata DDR3 2000 problem.

I have installed 16Gb of Adata DDR3 2000 XPG Gaming series V2.0 on this board. Along with an AMD FX-8150 Black Edition (Bulldozer), I have read that I should be able to achieve 1866Mhz speed. And even on these very forums I was told I could achieve 2000Mhz with ease, with a little overclocking. But have only been able to reach 1600. With multiple attempts to OC the board freezes and reverts back to 1300 default. I have tried to manual set timings to ram specs for 1866 with same results. Any settings suggestions that are proven to work that would allow me to reach 1866 or even 2000Mhz would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Default Re: 990FX Extreme4 with 16Gb Adata DDR3 2000 problem.

Well, I only find that these are available in 2Gb and 4Gb sticks so that must mean you have four 4Gb stick installed, right?

I ask because I cant find much info other than Adata making an 8Gb kit consisting of two 4Gb sticks. Nothing of relevance on their website either. Most I can find on the 8Gb Kit is 9-11-9-27 1.55v-1.75v.

Linkage please to something resembling a product page so I can read what they're spec'd at. My numbers above are questionable as they originated from a 3rd party site and then only more a press release than factual data.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

OK. Just what processor is installed? The 965 listed in your System Specs or the FX-8150 in your original post?

And is P1.50 the current BIOS revision?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

AMD FX-8150 Black Edition Zambizi, sorry about not updating my system specs. My bios is the lastest L2.11A as described on my Bios screen.
    Last edited by Quietruck; 01-15-2013 at 11:20 PM.

I beleive that bios is a beta version. That may be part of my problem. I can revert it to the lastest 2.0 version if will help
    At that time I was attempting to update my bios I could not seem to find a full list of non beta updates. but that was only a week ago. Most of the time I have owned this board it had the bios version it was shipped with.

For 1866 what memory voltages have you attempted with?

And out of curiosity what are the timings set at while running 1600?

Better yet, can you post a screenshot of CPU-z showing the SPD tab?

Sorry. Stay at 2.11A for the time being.

There you go wardog.
    Last edited by Quietruck; 01-16-2013 at 10:37 PM.

Sorry wardog I already went back to the non beta version 2.00 of the bios. Hope that doesn't mess things up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information