Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New As-rock mobo, on-board lan problems

Default New As-rock mobo, on-board lan problems

My first post here, prolly in the wrong place but.. Just got the As-rock 970 extreme4 , the onboard lan will only work for a few mins then it stops. Can not download any large files or stream YouTube. I installed another card, realteck and it works. I have the latest drivers.

Default Re: New As-rock mobo, on-board lan problems

Ah, it's your 2nd post. http://forums.tweaktown.com/motherbo...tml#post234910

Na. You're in the right place.

Latest drivers for the on-board Realtek? Like from the Realtek website?
    Realtek
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Ah, it's your 2nd post. http://forums.tweaktown.com/motherbo...tml#post234910

Na. You're in the right place.

Latest drivers for the on-board Realtek? Like from the Realtek website?
    Realtek
    As I stated in my post, I have the latest drivers. Also the old NIC card I installed works fine, but I would like to get the on-board LAN working properly. When I get the crossfire going I dont have much room for other cards. It works for a few mins then seems to stop before a download is complete. Anyone else have this problem?

'k. Well, good luck with that.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

I'm having the same problem with a Z77 extreme4. I installed an Intel Gigabit PCI card and it fixed the problem for a few weeks or so. Then, today I began having the same problems.I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate.

Quote Originally Posted by serd95 View Post
    I'm having the same problem with a Z77 extreme4. I installed an Intel Gigabit PCI card and it fixed the problem for a few weeks or so. Then, today I began having the same problems.I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate.
    I have Win7 Home Premium. Nobody with any idea what to do to suggest a solution or even an idea, besides get latest drivers and GL so far :). Maybe we are the only ones with this problem on this forum. Someone suggested update bios on another site, but others say the new bios is no good lol. I'll try a more active forum.

synack is offline Member

Could be one of many possible issues. Since we know very little about the issue it's difficult to tell you what to look for.
    Generally speaking if it starts working on boot then stops, it's *probably* something else besides the NIC. Could be drivers, could be windows, could be the LAN, Could be an IP address conflict, or could be another piece of hardware conflicting.

when it fails, what does ipconfig report?

Syn

(ps FYI: you kinda come off snarky to wardog, and honestly none of us gets paid to do this, so we tend to pass on those who come at us with an attitude.)

parsec is offline Senior Member

I have two Z77 Ex 4 boards, and have never had this problem. I've also used the Intel Gigabit CT cards in both boards, simply because I prefer them. No problems for me.

If one or more of you get this issue after using both NIC's, it must be something else, as Syn said.

For example, put in a different NIC card, and it has a different MAC address. Whatever is causing the failure takes a while to kick in, so it works for a while and then fails.

Did you check Network adapters in Device Manager? Open Network and Sharing Center to check for issues and run a repair? Did you power cycle your router? Could be a virus taking out your Internet connection.

Networking is very complex, telling us it's broken with very little other info gives us nothing to go on. Hopefully you can find a one click-fix forum.

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    I have two Z77 Ex 4 boards, and have never had this problem. I've also used the Intel Gigabit CT cards in both boards, simply because I prefer them. No problems for me.

If one or more of you get this issue after using both NIC's, it must be something else, as Syn said.

For example, put in a different NIC card, and it has a different MAC address. Whatever is causing the failure takes a while to kick in, so it works for a while and then fails.

Did you check Network adapters in Device Manager? Open Network and Sharing Center to check for issues and run a repair? Did you power cycle your router? Could be a virus taking out your Internet connection.

Networking is very complex, telling us it's broken with very little other info gives us nothing to go on. Hopefully you can find a one click-fix forum.
    I am sorry if I seem "snarky", but I hoped for it to be an easy fix and it would seem it is not. I realize most moderators do not get paid except for the joy of helping others. I did say in the OP that I had the latest drivers and when I got check website for drivers as my first answer I was disappointed. I apologize to wardog, and would be happy to give you as much info as I can. I do not have the Z77 ex4 I have the 970 ex4, not sure if they are similar or why you think i have that one.

I have Windows 7 64bit Home Premium with all updates,
    ASrock 970 Extreme 4 mobo with all updates bios ver 04.06.04,
    8 gb ram,
    AMD Phenom II x4 3.4g,
    ATI 6770 nothing overclocked
    OCZ 750w PSU

As soon as I built this system and tried to download the catalyst suite for my vid card, it got to 43% and quit. I tried again from different site and different browser, stops at around the same place. Putting in the old Realtec NIC from my other build and new drivers, no problems. I have Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes anti-malware, both come up clean. When trying to watch a YouTube stream over 10 mins with the onboard LAN, I get to a certain point then it stops buffering and will sit there all day and not load more. If I go to a new webpage, it works again. Playing WoW, after a few mins I will get disconnected. Yes I have cycled my modem/router. I am not familiar with ipconfig or what I am looking for when I do run it.

Thanks for at least trying to help

parsec is offline Senior Member

Ok, not to worry, I know it's frustrating. I got you mixed up with the guy that has the Z77 Ex 4 board.

Are you using the ASR XFastLAN Utility with the Realtek LAN chip on your board? If you are, that might be the problem. If you don't use it, just know you DON'T need it to keep your network connection working. I just thought it got in the way, and the configuration of it made no sense, and is of little use. But, I could be wrong. If you configure it for gaming, then other connections are lower priority, and what download is the same every time anyway? Must you onstantly change profiles, or if the highest priority item is not active, the other rise to the top?

My board has a Broadcom network chip, I haven't used Realtek in a long time. I'm using an Intel card now anyway. What type of Internet connection do you have, cable modem or DSL? Not much else these days, or do you have something else?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information