Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asrock b75m r2.0 no display coldstart

rchoi999 is offline Junior Member

Default Asrock b75m r2.0 no display coldstart

Config:
    Asrock b75m r2.0 mb
    i3 3225 cpu
    Samsung ddr3 1600 4G CL11 ram
    Toshiba 1T SATA3 hdd
    AcBel 350W ps
    old Samsung 19" lcd monitor(about 5 yrs old) using vga connector
    All overclocking disable, using bios default setting.

Just build this system and everytime I power up, it talkes about 3-4 mins to get display on monitor. However, warm boot will have display immediately. Pls advise.

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

Default Re: Asrock b75m r2.0 no display coldstart

Can you borrow a different power supply to test with?
    The cold boot problem might be due to your current power supply.
    How old is your is power supply?
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Thanks for the reply, all components are brand new except the monitor. I don't have spare ps on hand, is there any bios setting I can play with. The current bios ver is 1.2.

Quote Originally Posted by rchoi999 View Post
    ...everytime I power up, it talkes about 3-4 mins to get display on monitor. However, warm boot will have display immediately.
    I agree with profJim.

You need to buy or borrow a different PSU to test with.

When it does finally display on the monitor, where are you? Watching the BIOS post screen, or at/in the OS?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    I agree with profJim.

You need to buy or borrow a different PSU to test with.

When it does finally display on the monitor, where are you? Watching the BIOS post screen, or at/in the OS?
    When the display comes up, it already booted up in Windows 7.

When the display comes up, it already booted up in Windows 7.
    I'm not having any luck with d/l'ing the manual atm. Problem on ASROCK FTP? Dunno. Will try later.

Do you have the BIOS set for the Onboard display(as it appears you should, made no mention of discrete card), PCI, or PCI-e?

Also, from both monitor and computer beginning at/from a cold start, does the monitor immediately at start up recognize a signal from the computer? Most have a LED embedded in the monitors switch/button that changes when a signal is received and or inputted. Blink to steady on, or steady on to blink.

Please provide the specific model number of the Samsung monitor you have. I ask because I've now replaced both power supply modules in my aging but beautiful Samsung 204t's.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

@- wardog -

Thanks for you help. I'm using the GPU in the i3 cpu so there is no other add-on/external video cards.

First, I turn on the monitor and then computer, this monitor do have input signal indicator embedded to the power switch. Then, the power led starts to blinks, which I think no input video signal detected, the blinking led continue and the screen remains dark/blank. After few minutes, the screen comes up and already inside Windows. The model is Syncmaster 940BX.

Please provide the model number to the AcBel PSU you are using there.

I'm using the GPU in the i3 cpu so there is no other add-on/external video cards.
    Ok, but have you changed the BIOS > Advanced > North Bridge Configuration > Primary Graphics Adapter = Onboard ?

First, I turn on the monitor and then computer, this monitor do have input signal indicator embedded to the power switch. Then, the power led starts to blinks, which I think no input video signal detected, the blinking led continue and the screen remains dark/blank. After few minutes, the screen comes up and already inside Windows. The model is Syncmaster 940BX.
    This is still unknown as I see ASRock with BIOS P1.20 lists "1. Improve monitor compatibility". Could be what you are facing here. I have no idea what compatibility issues ASRock were seeing that needed changes made. The 940BX's 1280x1024 at 60Hz isn't unusual in any way as far as res or timing, but still ........

Are you using the computer cases Power and the monitors Power to turn them on and off? Or a power strip?

Try this. With everything up and running as it should be, turn ONLY the monitor off and let it sit Off this way for some time. Then turn it back on. Does it immediately display properly, or is there this 3-4 min lag before reacting and displaying?

You also might attempt to use the AUTO button on the monitor, or possibly even try and set the Source from within the OSD controls and retry if you haven't already.

Acbel CE2 series 350W power supply, I need to check the exact model no. later tomorrow coz I assemble this system for my sister and she is living at other place.

Yes, I also notice the latest bios 1.2 has improved monitor compatibility, I was wondering I should try to flash older ver. of bios like 1.1. I'm using a Duraplug power bar with 4 outlets to connect both computer and monitor, there is no on/off switch on this powerbar so the ac source is on all the time.

Ok, I will try what you suggest tomorrow and post the result later. Thanks.

Acbel CE2 series 350W power supply, I need to check the exact model no. later tomorrow coz I assemble this system for my sister and she is living at other place.
    I'm still unconvinced the PSU is NOT the root cause here. But I'll hold off till you do the monitor tests.

Should be the HB9021(Non-PFC) or HB9022(Passive-PFC).

AcBel Polytech Inc.

http://www.acbel.com/ProductFile/Sin...0%28eng%29.pdf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information