Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 35 of 35

Thread: Xfast RAM V2.0.28 conflict with Windows 7 Image Backup




  1. #31
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Xfast RAM V2.0.28 conflict with Windows 7 Image Backup

    Ramon, I forgot to fill in the details of why I changed my mind about the active thing making a difference, because it does! I suggest you try the diskpart procedure I posted, it's simple and just might work.

    I was fooling around with changing non-OS drives to active in Disk Management. Warning messages were displayed about doing that could cause the PC to fail to boot. I did it anyway (one by accident...) and guess what? Restarted the PC, and I was greeted by a "Bootmgr missing..." message, and the PC would not boot.

    It was so bad that I had to run a repair on the OS volume to restore the bootmgr partition. Is it a coincidence that the partition was corrupted for other reasons, while I was changing non-OS drives to Active? I doubt it. All is well with that OS volume now, boots and runs fine.

    As wardog said, setting the RAM drive to inactive before running the image creation could work, and is a small price to pay to get it working, at least temporarily.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Xfast RAM V2.0.28 conflict with Windows 7 Image Backup

    And bud, if I used the ram disk util and Windows Backup I(we) would certainly have been more help. Patience is a virtue. Someone will happen along here and answer this burning question
    This is an Asrock specific section of the forum. That logically presuppose contributors to this thread actually own an Asrock motherboard. Xfast RAM is free to any Asrock owner. Windows backup is part of Windows 7, located in "control panel / backup and restore". So in essence, anyone here should be able to to replicate my setup easily.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Xfast RAM V2.0.28 conflict with Windows 7 Image Backup

    Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    As wardog said, setting the RAM drive to inactive before running the image creation could work, and is a small price to pay to get it working, at least temporarily.

    I'll test this hypothesis, but I'd rather have a definitive solution that fix the source of the problem. It's been mentioned that test was made with multiple drives with active partition and none of them showed up in the backup list. That's why I don't think it will work.

    Thanks.

  4. #34
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Xfast RAM V2.0.28 conflict with Windows 7 Image Backup

    Quote Originally Posted by ramon zarat View Post
    This is an Asrock specific section of the forum. That logically presuppose contributors to this thread actually own an Asrock motherboard. Xfast RAM is free to any Asrock owner. Windows backup is part of Windows 7, located in "control panel / backup and restore". So in essence, anyone here should be able to to replicate my setup easily.
    To comment on your earlier post, yes, I have read the entire thread, and spent a fair amount of time checking a few things for you. I just realized we don't have a clue what ASR board you have! No system specs at all. So replicating your setup is impossible at the moment, since it is unknown.

    How do you know you can just use any version of XFast RAM? Why are there different versions of it for different boards, some separate and some a part of AXTU? Can I just use any program from another ASR board on mine? No, you cannot assume that. Which is why I won't install the version you are using.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Xfast RAM V2.0.28 conflict with Windows 7 Image Backup

    Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    To comment on your earlier post, yes, I have read the entire thread, and spent a fair amount of time checking a few things for you. I just realized we don't have a clue what ASR board you have! No system specs at all. So replicating your setup is impossible at the moment, since it is unknown.

    How do you know you can just use any version of XFast RAM? Why are there different versions of it for different boards, some separate and some a part of AXTU? Can I just use any program from another ASR board on mine? No, you cannot assume that. Which is why I won't install the version you are using.

    Consider this thread closed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •